Festival horror stories article

Yoghurt on a Stick

the first one.  now there's a lesson you only learn once.

(although the pedant in me suspects the writer's experience didn't happen at Glastonbury 1996.)

I was gonna say, the first one has the year wrong.

( '96 is the only fallow year I ever remember without having to check, as my kid was born that year).

this one...

My friends and I were sat outside our tent drinking in the sun when a lad in his 20s walked into the circle, completely starkers, followed by two paramedics. Everyone was a bit speechless – we just watched while the paramedics ascertained that there was nothing medically wrong with the man and said their goodbyes. He seemed totally content, if wobbly and naked. After being burdened with the poor bloke and his parts we thought we ought to help him. We tried to work out where he’d left his clothes; one minute he said they’d been set on fire, the next he said he had pooed himself, so we took him up to welfare. The welfare staff freaked out and literally ran away from him (he was naked, and very friendly!) and although I was reluctant to get too close, we couldn’t let him wander about in that state, so we gaffer taped a foil blanket round his waist like a toga, stopping for before-and-after photos. Months later, I was telling the story to a friend of a friend and showed her the pictures, and she recognised the man – it was her ex. Lauren-Marie, Glastonbury

Comes with a photo bonus!

11811532_10153375571290783_6032164822182

let me know if it doesn't show

he looks so goddamn happy about it all too :D

Edited by frostypaw

That made the moment where what I though was Lilt but was actually neat Limincello seem quite tame...

Paul TM woke up one morning & took a swig of a bottle of pop one of our camp had tidied away into his porch Glastonbury 2007.

It wasn't pop, it was my Absinthe.

Nice!

I did this with a bottle of gin after brushing my teeth, not good.

That pesky no glass policy, making people drink stuff that they don't want to drink.

Mr Charm tried to brush his teeth with Sambuca this year. Supposedly it was my fault.

Charm x

ps mmmmm limoncello.

That pesky no glass policy, making people drink stuff that they don't want to drink.

Mr Charm tried to brush his teeth with Sambuca this year. Supposedly it was my fault.

Charm x

ps mmmmm limoncello.

One year my sister had vodka in a water bottle, marked clearly "vodka". She then drank all the vodka, and used the bottle for water again but the marker pen "vodka" wouldn't come off. It's very confusing to be looking for the water bottle marked "vodka" that actually contains water and not vodka anymore, especially on day 3 and after hardly any sleep. 

One year my sister had vodka in a water bottle, marked clearly "vodka". She then drank all the vodka, and used the bottle for water again but the marker pen "vodka" wouldn't come off. It's very confusing to be looking for the water bottle marked "vodka" that actually contains water and not vodka anymore, especially on day 3 and after hardly any sleep.

Just fill all the bottles with vodka to be certain it's vodka. And not water.