Missy Elliott

ZXCVBNM

I loved her way back when. Her first three albums are utterly brilliant, imo.

I'm a bit out of the loop, but has she made some new stuff? I know she was ill and practically retired for a good few years.

Still, she had so many great tracks that I'd go along if she was on.

Yeah, she is making a new album right now, according to Pharrell. She hadn't done anything for a while until very recently, she has done a couple of live shows in the US this month.

Very interested to see how she pulls off a headline spot at Bestival this year - thought that was a rather strange booking. Always forget just how many great songs she has, mind. For a good few years she was on fire

I'm going to Besti and was hoping for something a bit better TBH. But then again, with Chemical Brothers, Underworld and, essentially, Muse as the other three, I can't really complain I guess!

Yeah, she is making a new album right now, according to Pharrell. She hadn't done anything for a while until very recently, she has done a couple of live shows in the US this month.

part of what made her early albums so good was Timbaland being at the top of his game.  his weird music (as it sounded at the time - soon to be copied) and Missy's cartoon-ish style mixed perfectly.  i think the later albums they did together, and the stuff she did after their split wasn't as good.

fingers crossed for her new stuff, but my hopes aren't too high.

Edited by fatyeti24

Her stint on the Superbowl Half Time show was the bomb, even if she was probably miming. I remember reading on Twitter how overwhelmed she was at how well it went down too, so maybe that prompted her to return properly? I'd love to see her live. 

I saw her at Exit '10 in a headline slot. Over the hour and half she played a total of 4 songs, brought on some unknown youngster to perform whilst she went off for a snack and spent the rest of the time throwing signed trainers into the crowd.

I would risk concussion to get a pair of Missy Elliot signed trainers.

• 11 months later...
8 minutes ago, marcoolio said:

I think you're thinking of Kelis, here.

Bloody Nora. Epic failure on my part there. Please accept my apologies.

I haven't had a coffee yet, so that's my excuse. 

Seeing as I can't remove my comment, if she does play next year I'm gonna have to find a massive milkshake and plant it on her set somewhere. Then when everybody turns up I can say, 'See, told you'.

Edited by djdavejohnson