Walk from the Car Park

Loudleyther

Morning all. New KC visitor this year and the girlfriend and I are looking forward to a great few days in the lakes.

Now as a newbie; a couple of questions.

1. How far is The Great Holmes Campsite from the carpark? What's the route like? Can I pull a box trolley?

2. We need to leave Sunday night to be back for the kids, can we pack up Sunday afternoon, drop stuff in the car, then go and watch the Sunday lineup?

Thanks in advance.

Welcome to the forum, the 2nd questions easier to answer, yes you can pack Sunday afternoon. You'll find loads of people do the same.

Þhe 1st question, if you arrive early Thursday it could be 2 minutes away, if you arrive late Friday it could be 10 minutes ! The great Holmes section is just through the entry point so when your through that you're there. It obviously depends on where you want to camp in that field as well as its quite a large area.

You'll be fine with the trolley, if the path ways are muddy it might get a bit of a chore though

2. We need to leave Sunday night to be back for the kids, can we pack up Sunday afternoon, drop stuff in the car, then go and watch the Sunday lineup?

Thanks in advance.

There's no problem in packing up early...I've done it every year I've been (but not this year as Mrs_Grump is staying home!).

We usually pack up Sunday morning so not to miss any music.

Just seen the map and it seems the Emp Field looks a bit of a trek, but again judging by the reply’s on the forum a max of 10 min walk should be the norm?

We too arrive around 1pm on Thursday and have enough gear/food to supply a small refugee camp! (the wife likes her luxuries!)

Edited by Johnny Rotten