Worst Glastonbury Fails

stuartbert two hats

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The broken ankle in 2014, as well documented elsewhere.

And seeing Cooper Temple Clause in 2003. Damn, they were shit. Lesson learned - since then I've never persisted with an act I'm not enjoying. Walk away and find something else instead.

The broken ankle in 2014, as well documented elsewhere.

And seeing Cooper Temple Clause in 2003. Damn, they were shit. Lesson learned - since then I've never persisted with an act I'm not enjoying. Walk away and find something else instead.

The broken ankle had its own period of fame on efests for a while!

Edit - Pissed when I typed this, second bit made no fuckin' sense so - deleted.

Edited by Woffy

Not going to see Elbow in 2008, our first Glasto. Had sort of heard of them but didn't know any of their stuff. Apparently they were rather good.

Reducing cost of son's crepe addiction by taking pancake batter which I stored in the fridge in a (clearly labelled) milk bottle. Not too good in coffee..

Wearing wellies this year which wrecked my feet good and proper. On the plus side it provided legitimate excuse for not getting offspring back to school on monday as I couldn't drive on sunday. Also meant I couldn't get to Silver Hayes to see Seinabo Sey. Other half did get there, said she was brilliant and I would have increased her audience by about 10%

Been remarkably lucky in 4 years TBH, only got a couple that stand out.

Think it was the scorcher in 2010 when I sat down on the logs we'd used as seating around our campfire in the darkness, only to find that some inconsiderate git had left a yoghurt on it during the day.  And that was my only pair of shorts.  Just plain unpleasant.

This year's was the phone debacle.  Survived the whole weekend, then made it up to Strummerville at 3am on Sunday night to leave my pic of Dr Mike on the tree with the rest, and promptly lost it.  Didn't realise I'd lost it until I'd made it back to the tent at Big Ground, but knew exactly where I'd left it so then turned around and trudged back across the site and back up the hill to SV.  Except it wasn't there (apparently handed in).  So then trudged back across site to Big Ground.  Still praying to lost property Gods for that one to show up.  Last time I do anything nice for anyone ever again.

EDIT: watching Mumford & Sons on Sunday night in 2013.  What the hell was I thinking?

Edited by Quark

ah. the monday morning milk-saster yes

When you're trudging around checking out the shit people have left don't stand on things in case they turn out to be full foetid milk containers that then explode up your clean pair of shorts

Loudly. I could hear someone half a field away wailing and gasping for air with laughter

This year. Got in. Went back to car while missus put tent up to bring in all the booze. 

Needed one more trip. Changed into shorts. Transferred all pocket stuff - no car keys. Spent what seemed like hours going through the tent, and looking through the grass everywhere in pylon ground. No joy.

Resigned myself to AA having to break in etc etc.

Rang sister as a last resort who was on way back to her car to keep her eyes open. She found them - on my car roof!!!

vymowp.jpg

Sunday this year, I drank so much san miguel from the Theatre Bar and smoked so much weed that when i picked a spot up the hill at the pyramid for the Who and sat waiting for them to start I ended up passing out and sleeping through the entire thing.

One year two of my mates arrived with a tent that one of them had borrowed from his uncle. He trusted his uncle and hadn't checked the tent before the festival. We took the "tent" out of the bag, and it was the weirdest tent I've ever seen. There were no instructions and fundamental parts, such as the poles, seemed to be missing. It was also way too small for two people.

This was everything the bag contained:

DSC01730.jpg

Somehow we eventually made it stable enough to get inside, and the consensus was that it would just about be ok as long as it didn't rain.

The year was 2005.

One year two of my mates arrived with a tent that one of them had borrowed from his uncle. He trusted his uncle and hadn't checked the tent before the festival. We took the "tent" out of the bag, and it was the weirdest tent I've ever seen. There were no instructions and fundamental parts, such as the poles, seemed to be missing. It was also way too small for two people.

DSC01730.jpg

Somehow we eventually made it stable enough to get inside, and the consensus was that it would just about be ok as long as it didn't rain.

The year was 2005.

Eek. 

First year we went we drove down, had a nap in the car and arrived on site about 9am, queued, excitedly got our wristbands, headed for a campsite (near the Pyramid, with it being our first year, we thought the iconic stage view in the morning would be great!) found a spot in Hitchin Hill, only both to say "Have you got the tent?" The tent was in the car!! Had to walk back to get the tent, not the best start to a festival. 

I speak for a few others too I reckon when I say I went to watch the football in 2010. It was my first Glastonbury and thats my excuse for such a piss poor decision. Walked miles across the site to a field out by the Dance Village only to be directed to another field (out by gate C) as that one was full. No water, no sun cream, no hat. 2010 sun beating down on me as if personnally punishing me for what I had done.

I speak for a few others too I reckon when I say I went to watch the football in 2010. It was my first Glastonbury and thats my excuse for such a piss poor decision. Walked miles across the site to a field out by the Dance Village only to be directed to another field (out by gate C) as that one was full. No water, no sun cream, no hat. 2010 sun beating down on me as if personnally punishing me for what I had done.

I made that same mistake. I honestly thought I was going to collapse! And we lost!

DSC01730.jpg

The year was 2005.

This did make me chuckle. Poor lads!

I made the decision in 2010 to watch a great pair of legs running about...

...by watching Metric on The Other with two of the Wofflings while the insane were watching the footy.

The dudes at the mixing desk kindly kept us updated on the (shite) scoreline.

DSC01730.jpg

The year was 2005.

Good to see Jake Bugg hasn't aged over the years.