Worst Glastonbury Fails

stuartbert two hats

Biggest fail was being convinced by my friend and her teenage daughters to leave 1/2 way through the classic radiohead headliner of 1997 to see Kula Shaker on the sinking NME ( other) stage- who they ended up seeing again on the Sunday as they ended up replacing Neil Young. :(

Also only time I have ever camped in the campervan field ( my friends in the van, me stuck in a tent outside) and had to struggle up and down the HOD in the horrendous mud all the time.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You win the thread.

I rather think you are right. In my defence I had experienced a set of debilitating circumstances so tragic as to make that Glastonbury a frighteful one. It was the moment one friend gave a group of us acid just before his brother, a practising, psychotherapist started to analyse us all to the point that we all, to a person, got the fear. And got it bad. I really couldn't take a minute longer of Glastonbury when I left early.

I rather think you are right. In my defence I had experienced a set of debilitating circumstances so tragic as to make that Glastonbury a frighteful one. It was the moment one friend gave a group of us acid just before his brother, a practising, psychotherapist started to analyse us all to the point that we all, to a person, got the fear. And got it bad. I really couldn't take a minute longer of Glastonbury when I left early.

Sounds more like a practising psychopath to me.

Ah, so easy for one with such gifts to be drawn to the dark side. Actually I think it used to be commonplace in the 60s for therapy groups to take acid before working together. Some things(along with, famously, incest and folk dancing) shouldn't even be tried once!

Biggest fail was being convinced by my friend and her teenage daughters to leave 1/2 way through the classic radiohead headliner of 1997 to see Kula Shaker

Good fucking lord. They'd have to knock me out and drag me away holy shit.

As for me... losing a bag with a lot of, er, extras in it last year. On the Thursday night. Still have the piss ripped out of me constantly for it, but that's completely fair.

Edited by Room to sway

Biggest fail was being convinced by my friend and her teenage daughters to leave 1/2 way through the classic radiohead headliner of 1997 to see Kula Shaker on the sinking NME ( other) stage- who they ended up seeing again on the Sunday as they ended up replacing Neil Young. :(

Also only time I have ever camped in the campervan field ( my friends in the van, me stuck in a tent outside) and had to struggle up and down the HOD in the horrendous mud all the time.

So you left during the paranoid android>karma police>creep centre piece of the gig?

nice going...

I speak for a few others too I reckon when I say I went to watch the football in 2010. It was my first Glastonbury and thats my excuse for such a piss poor decision. Walked miles across the site to a field out by the Dance Village only to be directed to another field (out by gate C) as that one was full. No water, no sun cream, no hat. 2010 sun beating down on me as if personnally punishing me for what I had done.

Ah yes, that.  I'm not remotely a football fan, but the whole group was going out to watch it so in the interests of hanging out and enjoying it as a group I tagged along.  I think I lasted about half an hour before realising that being in a field full of people who were so angry at everything was just no fun.  So I pissed off to the acoustic tent, picked up some carrot cake and a cup of tea, sparked a smoke and laid back in the sun enjoying the London Community Gospel Choir instead. Far better.

Swings and roundabouts really.  Wouldn't have been over that way so the choir was a lovely bonus, but going in the first place meant I didn't see Ade Edmonson & The Bad Shepherds.  Overall turned out well though.

I speak for a few others too I reckon when I say I went to watch the football in 2010. It was my first Glastonbury and thats my excuse for such a piss poor decision. Walked miles across the site to a field out by the Dance Village only to be directed to another field (out by gate C) as that one was full. No water, no sun cream, no hat. 2010 sun beating down on me as if personnally punishing me for what I had done.

Most of my mates went to watch that game in 2010. My and my girlfriend saw Corinne Bailey-Rae in Croissant Neuf instead. Still one of the best things I've seen at Glastonbury - such a beautiful, emotional set. Text messages kept me updated on the score throughout, and I remember emerging afterwards and walking along the railway line full of thousands of people looking depressed.

I'll never consider watching sport at Glastonbury again. There'll always be something better going on there.

Not had many real bad ones, getting totally spangled to a new level in 09 was a low point or the after affects were! 

On my first year in 07 we decided to come on Thursday as we wouldn't miss much on the Weds, what a bad shout that was! 

Few arguements with the ex GF one year strongly attributed to why she became my ex, again not a bad thing in the long run but buzz killed my fun at the time!

not using an antiseptic wipe on a tiny scratch I got on my leg from my bike pedal on the way in !! first day or 2 I was fine but by the sat night I was unable to stand for long on that leg , and spent the whole of the stones set looking at the back of peoples legs , off  to the medical tent after and from there to hospital and a 3 day stay on an antibiotic drip , my lucky friends had to pack up my deliberatly messy tent and drive my car home !!

The broken ankle had its own period of fame on efests for a while.

With hindsight, I should have claimed to have busted it doing something far more exciting like Moshing to Metallica or stage diving or something... Instead of 'walking sober up a slight hill' which was the actual, super-numpty cause.

My mate told me about this conversation at gate A between a female steward and a female attendee

I have cut it down a bit but you get the drift

"You can't come in without a ticket "

"I think  I have left it on the table back at my home in London "

"There are rules "

"I have come via the train and shuttle bus how am I  expected to get back to London to get it ? "

We had a choice of three tents. One green in colour. One yellow. One black. We selected the black one. It was 2010. It was my first ever festival. It was 40 degrees outside. The tent was roughly five-fucking-thousand degrees every damn day at 5am. Thought I might die.

Similar to how I felt in 2011. Tore my Achilles on day three of Glasto.

Then there was 2013. Fell a full flight of stairs seven days before the festival. Broke two ribs. Blue lighted to hospital. Decided a wheelbarrow would make carrying my kit easier. It did bloody not.

2014 was the year of stomach flu. 2015 was just plain flu.

I am a Glastonbury fail.

Not exactly glastonbury, not exactly a punter at all

But if you're going to have a costume fail this is the only way! (NSFW!)

Lenny drops it

The best bit is all the reporting saying "Lenny Kravitz: Singer Appears to Expose Himself After Pants Rip During Stockholm Performance"

Allegedly that's a penis.

Edited by frostypaw

Not exactly glastonbury, not exactly a punter at all

But if you're going to have a costume fail this is the only way! (NSFW!)

Lenny drops it

The best bit is all the reporting saying "Lenny Kravitz: Singer Appears to Expose Himself After Pants Rip During Stockholm Performance"

Allegedly that's a penis.

That's no penis.  It's a space station...