PEARL JAM TO HEADLINE 2016

guypjfreak

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, leekstokie said:

Seen them 14 times. Travelled to the US again earlier in the year to see them. Did two shows in Philly and two shows at MSG in New York and they continue to blow me away.

I'd love to see them headline, or I'd take an Eddie Vedder solo headline slot in the acoustic tent.

seen PJ 6 times ane hail the god EV acoustic once at hammersmith which was fav all time gig with MK being a very close 2nd lol...............come on Mr E give us some PJ

4 hours ago, leekstokie said:

Seen them 14 times. Travelled to the US again earlier in the year to see them. Did two shows in Philly and two shows at MSG in New York and they continue to blow me away.

I'd love to see them headline, or I'd take an Eddie Vedder solo headline slot in the acoustic tent.

Oooh I was at the first night at MSG, it was fantastic.

Friend of mine got tickets for Temple Of The Dog in Seattle (the second night they added), v.jealous.

PJ at Glastonbury would be amazing.

2 hours ago, HoTWire said:

Oooh I was at the first night at MSG, it was fantastic.

Friend of mine got tickets for Temple Of The Dog in Seattle (the second night they added), v.jealous.

PJ at Glastonbury would be amazing.

wooooooooooow just think if they did a temple of the dog at glasto ............woooopopopopppsospskwsbkwevcuwdcbwbdbdcwkdchnkl;wqiehioeuwwooopppp

i mean most wouldnt get it but we [ i ] would go crazy big time lol

• 4 months later...
46 minutes ago, danbailey80 said:

What sort if songs does he play? More from his solo album? I think you may be overestimating his appeal if it's just him and a ukulele. Don't get me wrong, I love him and would be there, but he's more sub-headlining park/ acoustic I feel. Happy to be wrong though.

His solo stuff would be perfect Acoustic headliner material.  However he is pretty well known so don't know if the tent is the right size.  So could get bumped to Park spot, which on a warm summers evening would be lovely.

Should imagine he'll be using Europe as a paid vacation, like he did in 2012.  The acts playing at that festival in Florence make me think this was probably originally booked for Pearl Jam and he's taking a booking they cancelled.  In the highly unlikely event of it happening he'll be up against one of the headliners for sure, to help ease congestion.  Acoustic or West Holts would be my guess.  

Solo he does stuff from his two solo records plus Pearl Jam stuff, thankfully not all on ukelele.  

2 hours ago, Will-2609 said:

He isn't as well known as Art Garfunkel, is he?

No but his band still headline whichever festival, anywhere in the world (which you can't say about Artic Monkeys, Blur etc), they're booked at. They still play their own gigs (without support atcs) with 40k+ sold tickets. They have a huge following.

Is Damon Albarn more well known that Art Garfunkel? Outside the UK as well as domestically? Still Albarn headlined Roskilde (with africa express) a few years ago. I think it boils down to the demographics of the festival and its expectations, hence why the artists that top charts and spotify (like Ellie Goulding or Sia) isn't near headline slots at major festivals.

41 minutes ago, Ovechkin said:

No but his band still headline whichever festival, anywhere in the world (which you can't say about Artic Monkeys, Blur etc), they're booked at. They still play their own gigs (without support atcs) with 40k+ sold tickets. They have a huge following.

Is Damon Albarn more well known that Art Garfunkel? Outside the UK as well as domestically? Still Albarn headlined Roskilde (with africa express) a few years ago. I think it boils down to the demographics of the festival and its expectations, hence why the artists that top charts and spotify (like Ellie Goulding or Sia) isn't near headline slots at major festivals.

I know Pearl Jam are big. I don't think Eddie Vedder on his own is that huge.

Pearl Jam may be bigger worldwide than Blur, but Damon Albarn is definitely a bigger name than Eddie Vedded and would get higher billings than him as a solo artist.

5 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

I know Pearl Jam are big. I don't think Eddie Vedder on his own is that huge.

Pearl Jam may be bigger worldwide than Blur, but Damon Albarn is definitely a bigger name than Eddie Vedded and would get higher billings than him as a solo artist.

Yes in the UK that is correct. I still doubt that the lead singer of a band that play same slot at festivals as bands like Radiohead, FF, Muse, Coldplay, Beyonce, Arcade Fire, RHCP and so forth will play in the acoustic tent. 

4 minutes ago, Ovechkin said:

Yes in the UK that is correct. I still doubt that the lead singer of a band that play same slot at festivals as bands like Radiohead, FF, Muse, Coldplay, Beyonce, Arcade Fire, RHCP and so forth will play in the acoustic tent. 

But Pearl Jam are much less suited to Glastonbury than all those acts and would draw much less of a crowd, hence why they'll never headline.

He may see the slot as below him (same way Pearl Jam would see anything other than Pyramid headliner as below them) but I doubt he'd overfill it or anything.