Most disappointing act this year

Princesslouise21

Was lucky that almost every act I seen this year impressed me, however one act that stuck out as slightly disappointing for me was the Libs, especially since I was looking forward to it so much. A shambolic performance is to be expected from them but I thought they played 100x better at Glasto. I will admit it probably didn't help that we were way way at the back and left early to make sure we got in for Courteeners. Still love them, still buzzing for the new album and will still be going to see them when they're next nearby.

Stereophonics for me

They need to realise they are playing a festival and not just prmoting their new album

People at festivals want the hits as much as possible

Completely agree. The last 15mins was ace. The rest of it was self indulgent dirge. It summed it up for me when Kelly Jones went "This is an album track we haven't played since 1999". Is that the kind of thing a festival crowd want to hear? I don't think so. Not to mention that there were so many hits that would have got the crowd going which they didn't even perform. Yet singles like Superman and Indian Summer got an airing. The crowd around me weren't even interested.

Completely agree. The last 15mins was ace. The rest of it was self indulgent dirge. It summed it up for me when Kelly Jones went "This is an album track we haven't played since 1999". Is that the kind of thing a festival crowd want to hear? I don't think so. Not to mention that there were so many hits that would have got the crowd going which they didn't even perform. Yet singles like Superman and Indian Summer got an airing. The crowd around me weren't even interested.

Really odd. I remember seeing them in 2010 and they said "we know you guys are here for the hits, and we're here to play them". That was when they were promoting the Greatest Hits album though so that might be the reason.

Really odd. I remember seeing them in 2010 and they said "we know you guys are here for the hits, and we're here to play them". That was when they were promoting the Greatest Hits album though so that might be the reason.

Honestly it was dreadful. So much so I wouldnt bother seeing them at a festival again. That sort of set should be left to their own tours.  Anyone who was there who isnt a fan wont be rushing out to see them in a live gig anytime soon or buying any of there stuff so for me its an opprtunity wasted for them

Festival crowds expect different from arena tours

It summed it up for me when Kelly Jones went "This is an album track we haven't played since 1999". Is that the kind of thing a festival crowd want to hear?

Would that not mean it would be from Word Gets Around or Performance And Cocktails (i.e. the good albums)?

I just had a look at the setlist and out of 17 songs, think there was only maybe 4 I hadn't heard of. That's not too bad, is it? I actually watched them but have absolutely no recollection of it whatsoever.

Good skills that man! :)

I thought it was telling that he said "We were meant to be playing one of the tents and then we got asked a few weeks ago to play on this big stage so thanks...". Who dropped out/who did they demote to a smaller stage to push him on Main.

Was it not Ella Henderson?

Thought Sam Smith was boring and depressing. I know his songs are sad and all but I felt there was little genuine interaction with the crowd, like he was just reading off a script.

That's how he always comes across, saw him three times last summer* and it was always exactly the same 'script' too.

*including like on TV and stuff

The Maccabees?

Be very surprised if they were booked to play 5th down on main, tbh James Bay's placing at T was very in tune with what he's been getting at others places so maybe the just did a bit of shuffling around to accommodate the crowd he'd attract.

Was really disappointed with The Vaccines! Thought the vocals were incredible quiet, borderline unaudible from where I was standing. Always been brilliant live every other time so bought tickets for their tour in December but they're on their last chance after T!