Foals

The 38 year old virgin

I've said it before, and I may be proved wrong, but I still don't see them being bumped up to headliners, not even at Reading - I like them, but I just don't think they're that much of a draw. I think they'll stay as subs at best at the major festivals, but they'll probably continue to get some headline slots at festivals like Latitude and Bestival.

If they're gonna headline at Glastonbury, it'll be the Other Stage.

If they'd played festivals this year or last year they'd have probably subbed (lots of people were predicting them to sub R&L last year and Glastonbury this year), so I think there's a good chance a new album will push them up.

• Replies 782
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If they'd played festivals this year or last year they'd have probably subbed (lots of people were predicting them to sub R&L last year and Glastonbury this year), so I think there's a good chance a new album will push them up.

What I disagree with is that they will definitely move up a spot by releasing a new album. Only if they become more popular, to be honest. I just see them staying at that sub level unless they massively rise in popularity. It's not like they were a particularly "big" headliner for Latitude/Bestival that the next step is headlining the major festivals.

Maybe I'll be wrong, but I don't think it's a given like some seem to be predicting on here.

Can only see foals headlining other - which I would be very happy with

Imagine spanish Sahara or late night at the park though

I imagine it would be good for the people in the vicinity of the stage, but for those watching it from pennards or the tipis, not so, cause that field would be fucking heeving

I wouldn't be shocked to see them headlining the other stage, but equally wouldn't be shocked to see them sub the pyramid

I think people who don't think they'll headline R&L need to reasses, they are a shoe in for that, they played third from the top the last time and it was absolutely mobbed, and their popularity is only going to increase

I imagine it would be good for the people in the vicinity of the stage, but for those watching it from pennards or the tipis, not so, cause that field would be fucking heeving

I wouldn't be shocked to see them headlining the other stage, but equally wouldn't be shocked to see them sub the pyramid

I think people who don't think they'll headline R&L need to reasses, they are a shoe in for that, they played third from the top the last time and it was absolutely mobbed, and their popularity is only going to increase

I'll hold my hands up and admit I'm wrong if they do headline next year, but I have recently said, they 'it could' happen if the other two are very strong. Someone like Flo though who was thought to be borderline this year is much bigger.

I love the Foals alot but I have to say when I saw them last at Leeds in that slot I was more surprised how it wasn't mobbed (it was even worse for White Lies just before who's stock has well fallen), it was busy but we were at back of front pit and the amount of people talking through Spanish Sahara was bloody awful, we still enjoyed the set though as singing away lol

I would be happy with Headliner other/park but to be honest I don't care what position they play as long at they play!! I love Foals and they have come a long way since I 1st saw them in 2008 :)

Ladbrokes still refusing to quote odds for Foals to headline.

Try paddy power, they are usually good at giving quotes for outsiders

edit: although it will probably be a bog standard 20/1 response I'm guessing

Edited by mjsell

I was hoping for about that they said only the acts listed are able to be quoted for.

I wanted to have a few squid with Lads as they are the only ones to quote for any day headline usually its a specific day. Its all good. I will buy a latte instead lol

Really can't get my head around the baffling suggestion that they're headliners at other festivals and something less at Glastonbury.

Agreed. If they headline R&L (which is definitely the most likely) I think that is all they will do.  

In my eyes they are more likely to headline Glastonbury than Sub / Headline Other. And I hope they do headline, would prefer them to be the bump up band to Biffy.