Thoughts... what about the locals

Peroni

Just read this on the daily fail (they have a good app. What can I say... )

Angry residents of quiet village in battle to get festival banned http://dailym.ai/1J07vyD

I guess glastonbury had this aa part of its history... but what do you all think? Should villiage/locals have a say on what events are held on basis of who's on the bill?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This has got me worried...

"Snoop Dogg is probably as violent as my cat - he's very vicious"

I'm off to Y not festival where he's headlining and now I'm seriously concerned he might start hissing and scratch my arms or bite my face. Or even worse come violently bursting in to my tent with a half dead bird in his mouth leaving a trail of blood and feathers for me to deal with while he proudly retreats outside waiting for me to feed him or roll him some of that 'weed' stuff he's well known for his love of.

Edited by Jakeyboy1986

Just read this on the daily fail (they have a good app. What can I say... )

Angry residents of quiet village in battle to get festival banned http://dailym.ai/1J07vyD

I guess glastonbury had this aa part of its history... but what do you all think? Should villiage/locals have a say on what events are held on basis of who's on the bill?

Well personally I think you should stop reading the Daily Mail. You're only encouraging them.

...But it's bite sized showbiz section is tough to beat...

Tough to beat? Let's have a look then... 

New mum Catherine Tyldesley shows off her trim post-baby figure in strapless gown as she hits jewellery party

Lady wears a dress

Super-slim Cheryl Fernandez-Versini wears retro scallop mini dress as X Factor auditions hit London

Lady wears a dress

Emma Watson dresses down in all-black and statement shades as she takes a break from Beauty And The Beast

Lady wears a dress

Rochelle Humes showcases her slender limbs in vibrant orange shirt dress and chic black heels as she films The Xtra Factor in London with co-host Melvin Odoom

Lady wears a dress and shoes

White hot! Lady Gaga gives her bleached eyebrows a touch up during break from Cheek To Cheek tour

Lady does her eyebrows

Peep Show's David Mitchell cradles two-month-old daughter Barbara as he enjoys an al fresco lunch with wife Victoria Coren

Couple go for lunch with their baby

Just to chuck something in the mix, what about properly morally questionable acts?  This kind of goes beyond Glastonbury I guess as I can't see the Eavii ever booking someone particularly odious but what about as a general question?  Long time ago, but a band like Skrewdriver for example?

Residents might have a point if a festival on their doorstep meant that their area was associated with white supremacist bands?  Extreme example, but it does raise the question.

Peep Show's David Mitchell cradles two-month-old daughter Barbara as he enjoys an al fresco lunch with wife Victoria Coren

Couple go for lunch with their baby

Aww that's nice.

I can't believe what passes for journalism in many cases. It's not like it's just the mail - why the hell do people care?!?!?

Aww that's nice.

I can't believe what passes for journalism in many cases. It's not like it's just the mail - why the hell do people care?!?!?

So they can either say "Aww that's nice" and feel a little happier with their lives. Or more likely say "Look at that! Typical! I can't afford to go for so called 'Lunch' with my wife and baby. Bloody posh gits, probably immigrants too."

All in all, if it's in the Daily Mail. it's best avoided. A hateful publication.

I Caught a bit of the Big Brother final last night. A man received applause and cheers for spelling correctly the word 'canoe'. We're all dooooomed...!