The Man with a Plan

Only got to see 6 acts so I'd feel bad leaving one out

1. Twin Atlantic

2. The Prodigy

3. The View

4. The Libertines

5. Enter Shikari

6. The Vaccines

The arena was too much of a mission away that there was a lot of "do we really mind if we miss so-and-so?"

1. Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds

2. The Libertines

3. Courteeners

4. Lonely The Brave

5. Everything Everything

Honourable mention to Paul Heaton and Jacqui Abbott - Fantastic performance, I just didn't know their songs nearly as well as those of my Top 5. The War On Drugs were also fantastic.

Why did you go if no-one you liked was playing?

There were bands i wanted too see but due to logistics it never happened, crush at Tuts for the Proclaimers, Kitty Daisy and Lewis came on late an clashed with Sam Smith (promised the mrs i would watch him with her), also the atmosphere was not the usual T, it's a huge ned fest now. Also i suppose i was in the habit of buying T tickets as the previous 10 years were excellent then gradually went to ok then this year they finally totally fooked it, although i did see plenty enjoy it. But most probably would'nt know a good festival vibe.

NG started off wanting to see him but changed my mind due to atmosphere etc, seen the stereos for probably the 5th or 6th time.

There were bands i wanted too see but due to logistics it never happened, crush at Tuts for the Proclaimers, Kitty Daisy and Lewis came on late an clashed with Sam Smith (promised the mrs i would watch him with her), also the atmosphere was not the usual T, it's a huge ned fest now. Also i suppose i was in the habit of buying T tickets as the previous 10 years were excellent then gradually went to ok then this year they finally totally fooked it, although i did see plenty enjoy it. But most probably would'nt know a good festival vibe.

NG started off wanting to see him but changed my mind due to atmosphere etc, seen the stereos for probably the 5th or 6th time.

This was my first year at T In The Park and also my first at a music festival. I enjoyed seeing the acts but I felt that festivals were not for me. These posts about it not having the usual "vibe" mixed with traffic and various other issues have made me think that maybe I should give festivals a 2nd chance.

My brother has not been to T In The Park since his music preferences are different and he has not heard good things but he does go to Glastonbury and loves it. Maybe I should go to Glastonbury or a different one before casting judgement on weather festivals are for me.

I still enjoyed T In The Park for the novelty of not having seen this amount of acts all at once before. 

Edited by The Man with a Plan

I think some folk are just posting their favourite acts rather than who they actually thought performed the best. For example, I was really looking forward to catfish and the bottlemen and although they were decent, they played a shorter set than scheduled and the sound quality was really poor (not their fault of course) so I wouldn't have them in my top 5.

1. The Vaccines - I had went off them a bit recently but that was a great set they played with loads of hits and everyone around me seemed to be really enjoying it too.

2. Kasabian - brilliant as always. Not much more else you can say

3. The Wombats - what a way to get the crowd going so early in the day. Just wish they had a longer set and the BBC recorded it.

4. Twin Atlantic - i really like TA but none of the group I was with particularly did and I think the only reason we seen them was 'cause we couldn't be bothered pushing back through the crowds to get to another stage. However, everyone I was with loved their performance and they've certainly gained new fans. I enjoyed their set but Don't think it was as good as their performance at the hydro in April.

5. Enter Shikari - first time seeing them live. Total nutters but a great performanxe

Edited by mazza7

I think some folk are just posting their favourite acts rather than who they actually thought performed the best.

I wasn't fussed about watching NGHFB or slaves but was looking forward to seasick Steve and Kasabian. Neither of which I particularly enjoyed.

Saw the libertines at ally pally and loved being right at the front. Was right at the front again at T and loved it again.

Edited by MrsDavro

Only saw 6 acts all weekend, mainly down to our tent being a 40 minute walk from the Arena, and friends ariving at different times etc.

3 I abslutely had to see where Libertines, Fatboy Slim and Prodigy......Didnt see any of them haha.

Top 5 would go:

1. Alt-J

2. Enter Shikari

3. Oliver Heldens

4. Noel

5. Stereophonics

But the real winner was probably the thursday night in Slam haha

I think some folk are just posting their favourite acts rather than who they actually thought performed the best. For example, I was really looking forward to catfish and the bottlemen and although they were decent, they played a shorter set than scheduled and the sound quality was really poor (not their fault of course) so I wouldn't have them in my top 5.

1. The Vaccines - I had went off them a bit recently but that was a great set they played with loads of hits and everyone around me seemed to be really enjoying it too.

2. Kasabian - brilliant as always. Not much more else you can say

3. The Wombats - what a way to get the crowd going so early in the day. Just wish they had a longer set and the BBC recorded it.

4. Twin Atlantic - i really like TA but none of the group I was with particularly did and I think the only reason we seen them was 'cause we couldn't be bothered pushing back through the crowds to get to another stage. However, everyone I was with loved their performance and they've certainly gained new fans. I enjoyed their set but Don't think it was as good as their performance at the hydro in April.

5. Enter Shikari - first time seeing them live. Total nutters but a great performanxe

Just goes to show personal opinion. I was near the front for Catfish and loved it, didn't hear any sound problems as everyone around us knew every word to every song.

And I don't usually mind the Vaccines but thought they were dreadful ha!

I've rewatched them 2-3 times in the past day. Was one of my best gigs in the 7 years i've been to T - especially when they put up the 'here's one from our swedish friend - Eric Prydz' then played Generate. 

Eric Prydz is my favourite DJ (maybe even human) in the world so I particularly enjoyed that one. One of my friends went to see Above & Beyond with two girls, who knew nothing about them, and when it said one from our Swedish friend, they both started screaming and cheering thinking it was going to be Swedish House Mafia. Oh dear...