Rolf Harris - Were you there too?

Monkey Allen

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The first time I went to Snobs I helped carry a bloke out who had collapsed on the floor. I didn't know it at the time but he was a mate of my cousins who I was out with that night. Anyway, the bouncers thought he was pissed and told us to fuck off when we tried to get him back in to get medical treatment. Then they shate themselves when my cousin informed them that the bloke was a diabetic and not drunk and that he had gone in to shock or some such. Fair enough, they kicked in to action then.

The last time I was in Snobs saw me ending up at Digbeth police station. Fortunately I was there to see a mate released rather than incarcerated myself. I've already explained the mad circumstances of that on this site and have no strength to repeat them.

Anyway, did either of you go to Faces?

Faces? Don't remember faces, I was more of an XL's and Eddies girl though...When Eddies was Eddies and was flippen brillaint

Faces? Don't remember faces, I was more of an XL's and Eddies girl though...When Eddies was Eddies and was flippen brillaint

Eddies in it's 'new home' of subway city is alright.. Ain't been to new snobs either, mates that have been said 'yer shoes don't stick to the floor & it's too big' apparently it's open in the day now too as a bar & grill, love but if it was the owners of top nosh running it..

Anyway, saw Rolf in 09 & 10.. Mucka that hadn't been to Glastonbury bought tickets to see him at symphony hall not long after in 2010, rumours were heavily circulating by then, we went.. People buying all sorts of 'memorabilia & one off paintings' etc as investments or whatever.. The lad I was with decided last minute not to, what a lucky bleeder..

Can't remember the exact year I last saw Rolf Harris at Glasto. All I remember was utter pandemonium. I was one of hundreds (maybe thousands?) who queued to get a one on one "hello" & a signature on my programme.

The crowd he pulled was worthy of a Pyramid headliner.

I apologise if there's been hundreds of threads about this, but bloody hell..... I STILL can't believe it's true. Controversial I know and I hope I don't offend by saying this.

Pyramid 2002 also

I was inconvenienced by him in 2009 as I was trying to get to Avalon and security had closed off access through Jazz World (as it was then) due to the crowd.

I remember watching that cartoon show he used to do many moons ago that showed some great cartoons that you wouldn't have seen otherwise. Including this classic

"The Cat Came Back" a Canadian cartoon that is just brilliant.

To Rolf and his ilk -  do the world a favour on your release get yourselves down to the coast and start swimming and keep going if you can reach the USA I will forgive you...

I was inconvenienced by him in 2009 as I was trying to get to Avalon and security had closed off access through Jazz World (as it was then) due to the crowd.

I remember watching that cartoon show he used to do many moons ago that showed some great cartoons that you wouldn't have seen otherwise. Including this classic

"The Cat Came Back" a Canadian cartoon that is just brilliant.

To Rolf and his ilk -  do the world a favour on your release get yourselves down to the coast and start swimming and keep going if you can reach the USA I will forgive you...

I won't.

I'm in my early 30's so too young for Faces. Snobs was my main club of choice, with occasional forrays to Ramshackle at The Sanctuary and whatever the night was called on Fridays at Subway City.

I also worked for a couple of years 04-05 at the old Academy opposite Toys R Us.

I watched him at Glastonbury a couple of times and also at Bestival. At the time, I had a great time. What a disappoint he is now. Those happy memories forever tainted by what was going on behind that sweet old mans smile...