Who's not going next year?

Woffy

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll probably miss next year if Wales qualify.

As good as Glastonbury is, us Welsh haven't had much to cheer football-wise, so a trip to France would be a must.

Being Welsh, the World Cup/Euros haven't affected my festival plans for the last 25 years so I can't complain.

If Wales qualify and I get tickets, it looks like no Download or Glastonbury for me next year.

The voice in my head reading that post out changed dramatically after the first sentence

The voice in my head reading that post out changed dramatically after the first sentence

Ha ha, yeah.I know what you mean, we've blown it the last few times we've been in this position.

I think we'll do it this time though, we are in a better position than the previous times.

We'll know by the time the tickets for Glastonbury come out anyway so it won't be a problem.

We were definitely not going next year, and now we're thinking about it!

Will try for tickets in October and probably see how things lie in the Spring money wise, 3 parents' 70th birthdays next year so we are prioritising a cottage holiday for them all in September, which will be pretty expensive probably.

I hate to think about not going, I can't even imagine it.  

My wife brings the subject up very rarely, she knows I've got a problem.

I've been every year since 2008 and next year will be my 10th altogether. 

Also thinking about taking our son who will be about 22 months old by then.  So if we do take him it will be very different anyway - this also scares me a bit!

I won't be there. Husband has barely forgiven me for going without him this year and the G word still can't be mentioned in the house. Won't likely be back now till the wee man is big enough to go without being dragged round in some sort of hideously heavy cart that won't move in mud. He's not even 2 yet so it will be a long wait.

Gutted :-(

Respect to you for leaving the hubby at home on babysitting duties to live it up in Glastonbury!!   :sarcastic:

Just found out I have got tickets for the Euros. Got two matches one on Tuesday 21st and the other Saturday 25th (Glastonbury Saturday).

Going to try for GF tickets anyway and make a final decision based on lineups and the draw.

Our group managed to get 4 in Bordeaux on the 10th, 4 in Paris on the 13th, 4 in Paris on the 16th. Also got some tickets for the Quarter Finals in Paris.

Our plan is to go down on the 9th, and come back on the 19th in time for Glastonbury. Hopefully Wales will be in either Group B, C or E...

On another football related note (sorry), didn't they say there would be a ticket exchange and an opportunity to swap matches?

I was considering taking a year off to concentrate my finances on achieving some long term goals, but my little sister (who I went to my first glastonbury with) is talking about going back for her 40th next year, so if that's the case it would be unmissable.

me to , which day ? :)

I'm torn. My first Glastonbury was amazing! My girlfriend has been to the other ones with me and it's been different. I don't know of its because I'm missing the 'new' aspect of it, or because she makes it less fun (still had fun, just in a I've got to look out for someone else as well as my self sort of fun).

Think I might try somewhere new, maybe boomtown

Think I might try somewhere new, maybe boomtown

This seems like a good idea! 

Or leave her at home

But maybe some of this too - I like going to Glasto with my best mate, but I have to make a concious decision to ditch him at every opportunity as he just likes doing the festival at a very different pace. Our paths still cross plenty, it's mutual and all but it's an odd thing to realise

Our group managed to get 4 in Bordeaux on the 10th, 4 in Paris on the 13th, 4 in Paris on the 16th. Also got some tickets for the Quarter Finals in Paris.

Our plan is to go down on the 9th, and come back on the 19th in time for Glastonbury. Hopefully Wales will be in either Group B, C or E...

On another football related note (sorry), didn't they say there would be a ticket exchange and an opportunity to swap matches?

I'm definitely planning to go to the match on Tuesday 21st. Then I could still get back and be at GF by Thursday at the latest.

The Saturday match is a second round game. Could either go, sell to friends or have a look at the exchanges. Will wait and see what the draw and GF lineups look like.

There will be a portal to resell back to UEFA in the spring, however they usually take a 10% "admin" fee off your ticket. No chance for direct swapping officially. 

We got tickets for opening game (2 sets), 8 group games between 10th and 20th June and the final. Will probably sell our opening game tickets now we have the final - category 1 at 416 quid a ticket is ridiculously expensive. 

I have deliberately set out our itinerary so I can still make it to Glasto though. 

There will be a portal to resell back to UEFA in the spring, however they usually take a 10% "admin" fee off your ticket. No chance for direct swapping officially. 

We got tickets for opening game (2 sets), 8 group games between 10th and 20th June and the final. Will probably sell our opening game tickets now we have the final - category 1 at 416 quid a ticket is ridiculously expensive. 

I have deliberately set out our itinerary so I can still make it to Glasto though. 

You got the final? Nice work.

How did you get all of those? Separate applications?

Anyway, see you in Paris on the 13th, we have 4 tickets for that match!

How did you get all of those? Separate applications?

Anyway, see you in Paris on the 13th, we have 4 tickets for that match!

Yeah 4 of us all applied for around £1000 worth of tickets each, knowing ultimately there was such a minuscule chance of 1 of us, never mind all of us being successful!

Fingers crossed for a good fixture on the 13th!!