Good Things about TITP 2015

DGrant261

Almost all of the posting on this section has been negative and when all the weekend campers get back I'm sure that will remain so and for good reason. So I thought it would be nice to have a thread for the positives of this years festival. 

I'll get the ball rolling by saying I had an excellent time on the few occasions I ventured over to King Tuts yesterday, there were 3/4 excellent acts in there. Heaton & Abbott were very very good and the crowd loved it (Imagine Proclaimers was much the same), St Vincent put on an amazing show imo even if most had no clue who she was, caught the end of Jungle who sounded excellent and then finally although a very much a marmite band Courteeners set was very well received as normal for them at T and everyone in there was having a great time. 

Anyone else want to share the things they've enjoyed about this years event, in spite of all the negatives...

Edited by DGrant261

I just went to Courteneers as I think Twin Atlantic are a poor mans Biffy and I thought Avicii would be ned central. Loved it, atmosphere was superb. Definite highlight of a shit day.

Was at Libertines, but saw proclaimers set on red button there and it looked like it was pretty good.

Cocktail tent was decent, drinks were nice & whilst I didn't stay longer than it took to get served seemed like the DJ in there was pretty good

Friday was a great day for me.  Entrance was very easy and no queue's.  Fatboy Slim in King Tuts was awesome as were Kasabian.  Managed to get a lift home from a mate i met up there so got home for 1am

Saturday...  I'll not go into the shambolic day entry gate or the 4 and a half hours to get to east kilbride on the city link bus.  For me the band of the weekend was paul heaton and jaqui abbot.  By looks of it they decided to rip up the set list and gave the crowd what they wanted.  Band looked like they enjoy it and i sure did.  The choice of stage can make or break an act at T - usually i find the King Tuts tent has the better atmosphere.

The Proclaimers were excellent as well and done the job.  Only downfall was the sound was shite - couldn't here the vocals.

Sunday was the best line up for me and i was really looking forward to it.  However, after countless disasters yesterday with the site i choose to stay at home.  Camped 14 years on the trot at balado, but had to do day trips this year.  I know for sure i'll never do day trips to any festival again.  Only sad thing is that I may give T a miss now.  All the hard work over the years to build the festival up to something i considered as better than Glastonbury was ruined this weekend.  Be hard to win me back, not sure about others. 

I had a great weekend. No bother getting up on Friday or back home this morning. Used Citylink. Clearly the situation for daytrippers is unacceptable tough.

We camped in Red, plenty space so again happy with that. We did get our tents dipped while we slept though. I sleep with my jeans on and wallet in the pockets so I was fine. Slept on my own and woke up to find my tent wide open. My fiancée was sharing with her friend and had her bag taken from inside their sleeping compartment. Luckily we found it ditched close by so managed to get her phone and cards etc back, but they had taken £100+ In notes from her purse. They even left the coins! My mate was with us too and had a similar amount taken from his jeans which were also in his sleeping compartment with him.

The arena I thought was good, although the main stage set up isn't great. Preferred the Radio 1 layout.

I was in the stampede reported for The Proclaimers and it was a bit mental, but it wasn't a terrifying experience by any stretch!

There was a massive fire in the campsite last night, all good fun although clearly a bit dangerous. Out of order to be chucking missiles at the guy trying to put it out though.

All in all we had a great weekend.

I had a great weekend. No bother getting up on Friday or back home this morning. Used Citylink. Clearly the situation for daytrippers is unacceptable tough.

We camped in Red, plenty space so again happy with that. We did get our tents dipped while we slept though. I sleep with my jeans on and wallet in the pockets so I was fine. Slept on my own and woke up to find my tent wide open. My fiancée was sharing with her friend and had her bag taken from inside their sleeping compartment. Luckily we found it ditched close by so managed to get her phone and cards etc back, but they had taken £100+ In notes from her purse. They even left the coins! My mate was with us too and had a similar amount taken from his jeans which were also in his sleeping compartment with him.

The arena I thought was good, although the main stage set up isn't great. Preferred the Radio 1 layout.

I was in the stampede reported for The Proclaimers and it was a bit mental, but it wasn't a terrifying experience by any stretch!

There was a massive fire in the campsite last night, all good fun although clearly a bit dangerous. Out of order to be chucking missiles at the guy trying to put it out though.

You couldn't have been to far away from me, think we were red 2, saw the fire and wandered over probably quite dangerous but it did bring a bit of life into the campsite after the music was over.

Had a good weekend overall thought the Proclaimers and Noel Gallagher were both excellent. Despite the problems in the arena layout I think that the cash bars actually worked very well, never waited at all for a pint all weekend.

Only improvement in my eyes was the arena as all stages were walkable within 10-15 minutes. The gap between arena and campsite was poor and walking up the big hill towards blue/green/yellow campsite was horrible after a day on your feet. Cash bar however worked very well and I'm not sure if it was just me but they're seemed to be slightly more food outlets than usual especially in arena.

Thought the likes of Idlewild, Proclaimers, Courteeners, Stereophonics, Noel G were all excellent and would've earned themselves new, younger fans off the back of it.

King Tuts was clearly capable of generating the best atmosphere all weekend for those lucky enough to get a slot in that one, e.g. Hot Chip on the friday.

Definitely needs a re-jig of the layout but we loved the music and the atmosphere in the arena.

Our favourite food of the weekend was the hippy chippy and the meating place.

That crush between libertines and courteeners was ridiculous but we managed to get in eventually and actually had plenty of room.

We had to show our wristbands every time we went into the campsite.

I liked the way they checked me on entering the arena, asking to see the inside of my bum bag but all but once ignoring the back pack.

Didn't like the way one security guard insisted on tipping the contents of our tube of glowsticks all over the floor. If I was into drugs I'd have a much better place to hide them.

Thought the likes of Idlewild, Proclaimers, Courteeners, Stereophonics, Noel G were all excellent and would've earned themselves new, younger fans off the back of it.

King Tuts was clearly capable of generating the best atmosphere all weekend for those lucky enough to get a slot in that one, e.g. Hot Chip on the friday.

Given the way the festival is at the moment, I think radio 1 should be pop/edm acts and then put all the guitar bands on the bill in the tuts with the biggest of each going on the main stage. Some sets like War on Drugs, Idlewild & Enter Shikari would've benefited greatly from being in the tent. While Catfish/Vaccines/Proclaimers shoulda probably been on mainstage. 

I get there were some issues at T this year, but man I had a really good time and didn't see anything untoward happening, nothing negative really at all. Apart from all the T heads moaning on the way in and throughout, about the lay out being shit compared to balado, quite crazy how everyone says its shit straight away, obviously it wasn't going to be easy finding our way around but holy shit man, if we are one thing as a nation of scots, we are a bunch of miserable moaning bastards lol. I just want to know one thing.... Is there a change that T could move back to balado or is this just rumour or wishful thinking?

I thought the new site was OK, naturally there were gna be some teething problems but coupled with the attitude of drunken scots it created a ckusterfuck of moaning faced drunk mofos. Can't wait til.next year, well done T. They done what they could but as usual, folk cant make the most of a bad or not ideal situation and would rather baske in the negativity and moan about it than pull your shit together and make the most of it.

PS.(not directer at you guys) Glad to see you guys enjoyed it. I just had to get this off my chest after seeing so much negative shit about it last few days.

Edited by highjinx79

Was there not lockers there to put valuables away?

I liked the supermarket in the campsite village, was like a real mini supermarket and prices weren't as bad as if thought they'd be. 3 bananas for a £1, chocolate bars 70/80p, etc Cocktail Cocktail was good, wanted to check out Tennents Arms but couldn't because it was too much hassle (the hour walk from arena to campsite). Food was alright but definitely noticed a price increase.

I never seen a bar queue once either. Another good thing is that going to through to the arena we weren't checked once (as there were 1000s at a time/every time and only 2 awful entrances) so you could bring drink through easily. Was also quite bad because it worked both ways, our neighbours had their girlfriend and friend staying in the campsite without camping tickets.

Overall I had a great weekend but that was down to my friends, booze and like someone else said what we made of it. Would I go back and camp at Strathallan? I'm not so sure. If they change the layout, the actual site and go back to Balado or find somewhere even better I'd be buying a ticket as soon as I could.

Would echo the comment on the supermarket. Thought it was great and had everything you could really need and reasonably priced.

Refresh also seemed to be a lot smoother this year and I seen less ques although I only went for a posh hangover dump and didn't use any of the other facilities.

The layout is key, i had a good time, not as good a time as i did at balado due to the walking involved, i think the main issues that need sorting are the space infront of the main stage which was a joke! And those dam hills in and out of the campsite to arena