Chaos.

devilman

Never mind, Geoff will be flogging early bird tickets for the event of 2016 early next week

We noticed earlier that this is the first year that posters for the early bird tickets haven't been plastered everywhere/mentioned in the lanyards/programme/big screens. Made us think it's not a done deal for next year at the least, if it's going ahead at all.

Edited by Stuart1000

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just back from T this morning. Been going for years and have NEVER seen such a badly organized festival. 340 security were sent home on Thursday as they weren't needed...NO police were allowed into the arena unless radioed to a specific bit of trouble. When the music was on it was great but but getting from stage to stage was another shambles. They put a lineup on to appeal to 16 year olds mainly, so it's no wonder I seen more fighting this year than in all my years put together. Sad to say but I think T In The Park has just signed it's death warrant, as I've heard nobody saying anything but criticism.

Just back from T this morning. Been going

years and have NEVER seen such a badly organized festival. 340 security were sent home on Thursday as they weren't needed...NO police were allowed into the arena unless radioed to a specific bit of trouble. When the music was on it was great but but getting from stage to stage was another shambles. They put a lineup on to appeal to 16 year olds mainly, so it's no wonder I seen more fighting this year than in all my years put together. Sad to say but I think T In The Park has just signed it's death warrant, as I've heard nobody saying anything but criticism.

Think they went for an undercover approach to policing rather than having a visible precense. Few times I walked past people that at first glance looked like normal punters, but noticed they had ear pieces in.

I don't think I'll be back.

The site felt far to small for the number of people there - especially for the event not being sold out - would hate to imagine if it was.

Heard stories of campers being turned away as the campsite was too full. People camping in firelanes was a bit dangerous too.

Inside the arena it was like feeding time at the zoo. Folks pushing down fences to get into tents that were already over capacity.

Enjoyed Thursday & Friday though.

Saturday was too much and headed home first thing Sunday - would have tried to get home on Sat night had we not heard of all the chaos outside.

Maybe I'm just getting a lot older (haven't camped since 2013) but this year felt like a huge number of young folk just running riot.

Heaps of the security folk were as drunk as the punters, and no one had a clue what was going on on where anything was. No one could tell us where the shuttle bus to Gleneagles was or if it even existed, no one knew where to get taxis.

Never again. Been about 7 times over the past 10 years but deffo feel this is my last.

May go down for a day if the lineup is amazing, I'm guaranteed good weather and the venue gets sorted out but otherwise that's it.

Been to every T except two. Organisation at Balado was chaotic at first, then gradually improved, to be a really well run event.

There are a lot of problems at the new place that will have to be sorted out going forward.

I like the new venue layout, but perhaps the capacity will have to be cut as I felt there were too many uncomfortable bottlenecks when crowds were moving between stages.

No sympathy for folk moaning about bus queue's. I waited 3 hours for a bus. You wait, you shut up, you get home.

Better stewarding is a must. The undercover policing worked well for the most part.

People missing acts due to trying to get in for hours, is unacceptable.

Hopefully, they learn, they fix it, we move on.

Nonsense

How was the new site in your opinion mate ? Majority of problems on here seem to be around getting in and out. Also heard that the campsites weren`t big enough ?

From watching on tv the site looked " nicer " than Balado. The setting with the castle and trees reminded me of Connect. Not that its much consolation to those who can`t get in or out !

I had a year out for the fist time in a while. Had thought about a day ticket last week but decided to watch on tv. Looked pretty quiet around the stages and I know from past experience that the BBC know their angles when it comes to making a crowd look bigger than it actually is.

We were thinking the main stage would've been better in the position of Radio 1. With the castle in the background, the big hill providing an ampitheatre style environment, it being far enough away from the amusements to stop sound clashes. At the end of the day, the new site was basically one long strip of land. Nothing interesting, nothing boutique about it.

TITP had kind of became my backup plan for missing out on Glastonbury tickets, but looking at the lineups now, and reading what everyone has to say about the new site, I will not be returning. I would rather take a longer trip elsewhere, or spend my money on something else than that.

Just home.

As expected the site is far far far to small. Got stuck in a bottle neck going to king tuts from the main stage which was utterly disgraceful. How no one was seriously hurt or injured in it I don't know. There needs to be serious changes to the site if it's going to continue at strathallan.

Well you guys are a bunch of depressing a**holes. I'd forgotten how much "know it all" chat went on in here. And so much exaggeration about some of the issues that happened over the course of the weekend. I thoroughly enjoyed myself but that's maybe because it is what you make it whereas you guys are all half empty kind of guys. Will definitely be back next year.

I was up on Friday and yesterday and had a great weekend. The only issue with organisation for me was the bus situation on Friday night. A 2.5hr wait with no lighting, no stewards, no queue barriers, no information. But that had all been rectified by last night. The organisers were obviously trying their hardest. It's a shame to see it get slagged like this but it should've all been rectified BEFORE the festival even began, not on the last night.

The difference between entry to arena on Saturday & Sunday was like night and day.

Saturday was anarchy, mob rule. Stewarding was non existent practically.

Sunday they had 2 lanes at bottom of the field, loads of crush barriers, well controlled, visually you could see them moving 1 section of approx 200 people to the next area of entrance and once those had moved on they would alternate that with the other lane. People saw movement and, generally, were happy to wait their turn as things were moving well.

It also helped that there both seemed to be a lot more control/supervisory staff and, more importantly, they seem to have drafted in the biggest gnarliest set of security I've seen there! Contrasting that with the young lad trying to control a vital part of the entrance process on Saturday who looked quite terrified as the mob in front of him grew and grew and got more restless. You shouldn't need big f**kers to make security work but the combo of them and good organisation worked well.

Been to t in the park for 14 years in a row and never experienced anything as shambolic as I did this weekend the traffic management plan is shocking having been to many gigs/festivals around Europe I'm so disappointed that my home festival has deteriorated so badly in my mind they must find a new site next year. However I will say I had such a good time each day whilst in the arena don't see why people are moaning about the line up as you know beforehand who is playing and also why are people moaning that there are lots of school leavers there surely they have as much right as us 'veteran's'

also why are people moaning that there are lots of school leavers there surely they have as much right as us 'veteran's'

I've got to be honest the crowd was actually much older than I expected. Maybe that was as I was constantly comparing it to my only other fest experience of Leeds 2014, maybe as I went on the busiest day for day tickets or maybe it was a case of the crowds I went in. But it certainly wasn't 'filled to the brim with edm kiddies' as I'd anticipated and the tv coverage appears to suggest. 

This has made me think even if with such an young person orientated line up it still sells a lot of tickets to 'oldies'. Maybe they should produce line ups more catered to this audience to 'recover' and try to win back the T faithful as after all this demographic of fans do have the disposable incomes that Osbourne wants to take away from us under 25's. 

Edited by DGrant261

The walk from the arena to the campsite at the end of the night was nothing but dangerous. We've never had to show our wristband at all over the weekend. There were far too many security that just didn't have a clue and using force by pushing on barriers. Campsite was like a refugee camp, so glad we stayed in tangerine fields! The amount of 16 year olds we spoke to is just frightening, I've nothing against young ones going to T but that was carnage.

Had an amazing time with amazing friends but we won't be back to Strathallan.

Whilst i have no doubt that T organisers have totally messed up here with the access arrangements, many of the FB complaints are from drivers going to collect people from the festival. Do they not realise they are actually contributing to the jams?

as the saying goes....

You are not in a traffic jam, you are the traffic jam.

I've got to be honest the crowd was actually much older than I expected. Maybe that was as I was constantly comparing it to my only other fest experience of Leeds 2014, maybe as I went on the busiest day for day tickets or maybe it was a case of the crowds I went in. But it certainly wasn't 'filled to the brim with edm kiddies' as I'd anticipated and the tv coverage appears to suggest. 

This has made me think even if with such an young person orientated line up it still sells a lot of tickets to 'oldies'. Maybe they should produce line ups more catered to this audience to 'recover' and try to win back the T faithful as after all this demographic of fans do have the disposable incomes that Osbourne wants to take away from us under 25's. 

The line up won't change.  The main T target audience is school leavers and the line up has been filled with total pop acts since 2012.  They shove in a few old acts in the hope of attracting some older folks but T has completely lost it's way and I don't think they can attract an older audience back now,even if they wanted to.  

I spent almost the same cash going to Rock Werchter this year and you just can't compare it with T.  RW is an utterly fantastic place, well organised with a varied line up and a clean well managed campsite.  The younger crowd there go for the festival and don't seem to have the desire to get utterly shit faced.   T would need to have a massive change of direction to attract me back.