Chaos.

devilman

If they are staying at Strathallan then they might as-well just call it a day. With much better festivals down in England and in Europe why should we compromise and wait for them to sort it out. For the price of the festival combined such a small line up, lack of nightlife and stages, paying extra for the set times then why shouldn't we all go elsewhere.

They are also trying to get more money out of us at all points then why should there be a feeling of loyalty when they see you all as "cash cows".

You've been to one festival. I fail to see how you are in a position to compare T to anything else.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be fair and even if he's only been to one festival , the points made are valid. I've been to a few and i always found T to be more about getting evrry last penny out of you. I kept going out of loyalty and other factors like where we got to stay, but other festivals offer a far better overall experience.

You've been to one festival. I fail to see how you are in a position to compare T to anything else.

OK then, I guess I dream't all the traffic issues, smaller line up and how they are better value festivals elsewhere. Going by your logic you would need to visit Cardiff to see that it's not got as much tourist attractions as London.

Glastonbury does not cost much more than that gives you masses more entertainment and better value for money. It does puzzle me when your loyalty gets in the way of logic.

Edited by The Man with a Plan

OK then, I guess I dream't all the traffic issues, smaller line up and how they are better value festivals elsewhere. Going by your logic you would need to visit Cardiff to see that it's not got as much tourist attractions as London.

Glastonbury does not cost much more than that gives you masses more entertainment and better value for money. It does puzzle me when your loyalty gets in the way of logic.

People really need to stop comparing T to Glastonbury. Glastonbury is Glastonbury and is unlike anything else in the world, it's unfair to even try and compare T to it.

People really need to stop comparing T to Glastonbury. Glastonbury is Glastonbury and is unlike anything else in the world, it's unfair to even try and compare T to it.

See what you're saying but I don't necessarily agree.

Both are festivals

Both cost roughly the same

This is a festival forum and the place to discuss these things.

Both compete for those looking to go to a festival

Quite often both have similar mainstream line ups, although G has a massive amount more variety

I thinks it's valid for people to look at what they get for the pretty high price they pay for T and compare it to what's on offer elsewhere.  Totally agree that Glastonbury is unique and if you go to T then compare it to what you'd get at Glasto I think it's a fair point to raise.

Very true that the two are vastly different in terms of what's on offer.

See what you're saying but I don't necessarily agree.

Both are festivals

Both cost roughly the same

This is a festival forum and the place to discuss these things.

Both compete for those looking to go to a festival

Quite often both have similar mainstream line ups, although G has a massive amount more variety

I thinks it's valid for people to look at what they get for the pretty high price they pay for T and compare it to what's on offer elsewhere.  Totally agree that Glastonbury is unique and if you go to T then compare it to what you'd get at Glasto I think it's a fair point to raise.

Very true that the two are vastly different in terms of what's on offer.

If you compare any big festival with Glastonbury, every big festival is totally shit. :rolleyes:

That doesn't mean they really are, of course. Horses for courses and all that.

Comments around T suffer much more than from this "it should be like Glastonbury" comparison than exists around other big festivals, so I can only guess that a much larger proportion of T-ers are Glasto-ignorant than is the case with R/L and v goers.

I was actually told by some of the most senior T staff about 15 years ago that "T is just like Glastonbury". To which I said "you haven't been, have you?" and there was no reply. :lol:

Edited by eFestivals

Whoooa!

I suspect that was left uncut as an anti-mud measure.

(it's perhaps not very effective, but that's something else)

I know for certain that Glastonbury leave their grass deliberately long just for that reason, because I once asked if I could get a patch cut for a charity footie match.

I don't know for certain, but I'd guess that's the advice they give in 'the pop code' (the festie organisers manual).

They cut the paths and most of the other sections - just not the red by the looks of it. Which is a joke when that is all that was left on Friday afternoon.

If you compare any big festival with Glastonbury, every big festival is totally shit. :rolleyes:

That doesn't mean they really are, of course. Horses for courses and all that.

Comments around T suffer much more than from this "it should be like Glastonbury" comparison than exists around other big festivals, so I can only guess that a much larger proportion of T-ers are Glasto-ignorant than is the case with R/L and v goers.

I was actually told by some of the most senior T staff about 15 years ago that "T is just like Glastonbury". To which I said "you haven't been, have you?" and there was no reply. :lol:

True Neil, I agree having been to both quite a few times, Glasto pisses over anything but on a forum like this I think it's fair for someone looking to spend around £400 quid plus to go to a festival to look at what offers the best value for your cash and Glasto wins hands down.

That said, if someone is quite happy shelling out that kind of money to go to T then fair play to them.

They used to at least aspire to be some kind of Scottish equivalent to Glastonbury though, now they couldn't give a shit about anything apart from margins.

Think they aspired number wise to compare to Glastonbury but that was only to increase profits.

True Neil, I agree having been to both quite a few times, Glasto pisses over anything but on a forum like this I think it's fair for someone looking to spend around £400 quid plus to go to a festival to look at what offers the best value for your cash and Glasto wins hands down.

That said, if someone is quite happy shelling out that kind of money to go to T then fair play to them.

But when they make that value comparison, they do so thinking that T should be like Glastonbury, and not that they could spend their money at Glastonbury instead of T. That's where the comparison thing goes wrong, I'd say.

But when they make that value comparison, they do so thinking that T should be like Glastonbury, and not that they could spend their money at Glastonbury instead of T. That's where the comparison thing goes wrong, I'd say.

Aye fair point.