Kasabian

al_coholic

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kasabian are awesome. You all must be watching a different channel cus the field is clearly full. Each to their own, but the thousands of people there seem to be having fun.

I've seen one picture and my god the crowd are so young! They've all just clearly finished year 11 and it's their party before College/Sixth Form. The issue with this is that purely targeting an audience like that will never sell out your festival as they don't earn the money to buy so it'll be bits from here and there and saved up birthday/xmas money. Leeds is majorly I expect suffering the same.

I've seen one picture and my god the crowd are so young! They've all just clearly finished year 11 and it's their party before College/Sixth Form. The issue with this is that purely targeting an audience like that will never sell out your festival as they don't earn the money to buy so it'll be bits from here and there and saved up birthday/xmas money. Leeds is majorly I expect suffering the same.

Yeah, I posted similar in the Glastonbury forum but a lot of people seem to go at the end of their last year of school before they start University now. They'll go for a year or two at most then that's it.

You obviously didn't see the Ronson crowd on after. It was like a wake.

I did - to be fair though he was was atrocious.

The fact that even a handful of people were up for it was a miracle.

I've been to a number of festivals abroad and down south (as well as gigs). Yet to experience anything close to a scottish crown in terms of atmosphere.

A crowd for Kasabian at T will befull of 12 year olds because anyone 13 and over would have seen them about 6 times there already.

Nowhere near good enough or big enough a band to be able to play so many times and still help sell 80,000 tickets or whatever it is.

I did - to be fair though he was was atrocious.

The fact that even a handful of people were up for it was a miracle.

I've been to a number of festivals abroad and down south (as well as gigs). Yet to experience anything close to a scottish crown in terms of atmosphere.

You are right as far as banter and party atmosphere goes. A lot of the time though you could stick Big Gay Dave's mobile disco in front of them and they'd still go laldy. That's not a music crowd, it's rent a party. Fine if that's what you want and sometimes it's just what the doctor ordered. Other times, when a band is doing an atmospheric bit of music you could really do without the "here we fucking go" ad nauseum. It's appropriate sometimes but half the fuckwits shouting it don't even know what day it is never mind what band is on. I like it when a band gets the crowd onside via the music, turning a quiet crowd into a bouncing mass. when you get that feeling that something special is happening and you get totally absorbed into it, glad that you are there and knowing that you'll remember it for a long time. That can and does happen anywhere. The main difference with other crowds is, when a band are shite, teh crowd punish them by being silent and not joining in, whereas at T they just carry on partying regardless.

Scottish crowd > any other crowd regardless of how young they are.

That was bouncing.

Sorry, but I just don't believe that anymore. TITP constantly tries to sell itself on a festival with the best crowd in the world, but the crowds looked absolutely dead for the vast majority of acts and there are videos heading around on YouTube of a guy being bottled in the campsite and stuff like that.

T quite happily ignored the music fans (taking away Pet Sounds, booking the same acts very single year, Dappy etc) who did make it a great fest to chase the Radio 1/T4 on the Beach crowd who generally offer no loyalty to the fest and as a result they've now got a crap festival with a crap line-up, crap crowd and crap ticket sales.

I was genuinely a huge devotee but the people who made T special in the past (i.e. great crowds) have largely gone elsewhere.