Best smaller acts on the line up

Saw this article and wondered if anyone had any other recommendations of smaller acts to see:

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/entertainment/13372527.T_in_the_Park__our_guide_to_the_festival_s_hidden_gems/

I'm only going for the Saturday, but I'm surprised Benjamin Booker is only on the t-break stage on Sunday. If you like bluesy music he's pretty cool. On a similar note I'm looking forward to seeing the Strypes again, saw them 3 years ago at Glastonbury when they were pretty much kids and they were awesome.

Also loved Years & Years at this years Glastonbury, though not sure if I'll see them again as not sure I want to see the same band twice in such quick succession.

I've only just recently started listening to admiral fallow, pretty gutted they're on at the same time as the view..seen them loads but never disappoint. Tough one for me. Wanna check out a load of smaller bands as well over the weekend tho, not heard of many of them.

Blossoms on the Friday on Transmissions Stage. Absolutely brilliant band and gutted that it looks like I'll miss them due to a probable clash with The Cribs. Also quite like the sound of RedFaces on BBC Introducing on the Saturday.

First track I listened to by them was a bit too down beat for me but quite liking "You Pulled a Gun on Me".

Gerry Cinnamon!

Not bad. Guitar lick at the start is very familiar though, did Direstraits or someone like that not have a very similar riff?

I've only just recently started listening to admiral fallow, pretty gutted they're on at the same time as the view..seen them loads but never disappoint. Tough one for me. Wanna check out a load of smaller bands as well over the weekend tho, not heard of many of them.

Decent band, seem to have been at the same sort of mid level of success for ages so doubt they're ever going to make it big sadly. Also love the View, obviously not a wee band, but totally underrated IMHO.

Edited by ewankenobi

Prides - fun synth pop

Coasts - pretty slick indie-rock

Lonely The Brave - Biffy-esque rock with big choruses

Lafontaines - Scottish rap/rock. Always fantastic live.

Circa Waves - what summer sounds like

Vukovi - Rage against the machine meets Paramore

Our Future Glory - big catchy dance music

Marmozets - similar to Vukovi but more pop punk

The Van T's - cool slightly grungy female two piece

And my prize pick - The Xcerts. One of the best bands to ever come out of Scotland in my opinion. If you don't know them go listen now to either 'Live Like This', 'Slackerpop', 'Aberdeen 1987', 'Kids On Drugs' or 'Crisis In The Slow Lane'. Seen them live about 7 times now, they're always phenomenal. Having interviewed them twice, I can confirm they are lovely guys too.

Not really a small band, but The Wombats are one to see

They're the act I'm most looking forward to, they've not played TITP since 2008. I missed them that year but everyone I bumped into that year were telling me how good they were live

I'm the same. Hozier vs Lonely The Brave vs Duke Dumont is could be terrible.

Last year it was HAIM vs Maximo Park vs Royal Blood vs Lonely The Brave!

Out of curiosity who won? For me it would probably have been maximo or royal blood

I went for HAIM. I love Maximo Park but seen them a few times and new HAIM were coming to the end of touring that album so really wanted to see them. Hopefully see Royal Blood soon!

I don't mind HAIM! I arrived at T last year during their set I could hear it from the campsite entrance.

Royal blood are another fantastic album away from perhaps subbing T

Same will happen with War on Drugs & Albama Shakes sadly I reckon.

Not sure if they count as 'small' or not but Palma Violets are fantastic live

Totally agree about Palma Violets. Looks like they may clash with Seasick Steve which will be a dilemma for me.

I really enjoyed Alabama Shakes at Glastonbury even though I got soaked during it. Don't think they play "Hold On" anymore, not sure if that will piss anyone off since it's probably their best known song.

I don't mind HAIM! I arrived at T last year during their set I could hear it from the campsite entrance.

Royal blood are another fantastic album away from perhaps subbing T

That's weird. I was right down the front and the sound was rubbish, couldn't hear them properly at all. Just shows how much wind can mess up the sound at a festival