Rubbish Indie bands

Uh-Oh!

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe the term for them is 'indie landfill'

I was thinking about this the other day. 'Indie landfill' used to mean bands that were just rubbish indie bands that got popular but didn't have much of a shelf life. Considering the bands mentioned by OP all played the Other Stage this year, they have safely outgrown that label.

I believe the term for them is 'indie landfill'.  The Districts were the NME-hyped ones this year weren't they?

Slaves and Wolf Alice are hyped more by NME than The Districts, though neither are really indie landfill. 

I think Glastonbury do a good job avoiding indie landfill bands to be honest.

I was thinking about this the other day. 'Indie landfill' used to mean bands that were just rubbish indie bands that got popular but didn't have much of a shelf life. Considering the bands mentioned by OP all played the Other Stage this year, they have safely outgrown that label.

Given the cyclical nature of music trends there'll come a point where that shite is popular again. Johnny Borrell is waiting by his phone for the call for the Razorlight 15th anniversary reunion.