Things you shouldnt have done at Glasto this year

swede

1, Take acid two nights in a row, always wanted to at Glasto, first night during Libs/Florence was great, apart from feeling like I was stood on the edge of the grand canyon during Florences set. The second night was great but Id only just pieced my fragile mind back together yesterday.

2, Loose your a bag with your wifes new Iphone 6 during Jamie T

3, Stay out till 4am on the Sunday/Monday by yourself, pack up on an hours sleep, get to the car for 8am and then fall asleep. My wife had to drive back holding my head up and at one point I nearly deep throated her gear stick in her sleep.

I FUCKING LOVE GLASTONBURY !

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Camped next to the track going up the middle of Big Ground.  A couple of times the approaching vehicles scared the crap out of me.  Both times this was while chemically influenced and dozing at around 6am.  Just hearing this noise coming towards me from miles away and then not realising what it was until it was almost outside the tent.

Also, taking Mandy instead of pills.  Just not the same level of sweaty gurning fun. Must do better.

1, Take acid two nights in a row, always wanted to at Glasto, first night during Libs/Florence was great, apart from feeling like I was stood on the edge of the grand canyon during Florences set. The second night was great but Id only just pieced my fragile mind back together yesterday.

2, Loose your a bag with your wifes new Iphone 6 during Jamie T

3, Stay out till 4am on the Sunday/Monday by yourself, pack up on an hours sleep, get to the car for 8am and then fall asleep. My wife had to drive back holding my head up and at one point I nearly deep throated her gear stick in her sleep.

I FUCKING LOVE GLASTONBURY !

Your wife is an amazing woman, she must be delighted with you!  :no2:

Wore wellies for Friday/Saturday

It really ruined Sunday as I could barely stand up my feet were in that much pain I only managed to see Lionel and The Chems.

Also go out in a group of about 20 and have our meet up after headliners back at the tents in bushy ground... we were all meeting up at about half 12 and staying for a drink or two. By the time everyone was ready to leave it was half 1 and then by the time we'd walked to the park or the SE corner it was 3am. With a group of 20 Gillespie'd 20 somethings you end up stopping every 5 metres as someone got lost or somebody needed the toilet or some other bullshit. It was ridiculous.

Another one.  

Completely went the wrong way on our way from railway line to the night entrance to the SE corner.  

Only 2 of us and we were chatting and not really looking where we were going.  Walking along thinking there's the bit where we sat last year before going in (it wasn't, we were already in WG at this point) and I only noticed as we walked past a sign saying Muddy Lane.  

I stopped, only to see we were near the top, just about level with our tents near the top of Big Ground.

By the time we got there (it was a wellies night too, Friday night/Saturday morning) I was too knackered to dance and walked all the way through and out the other side and then home.  Complete waste of time.

I've never got lost like that before in 9 visits!

Shouldn't have gone to see Motorhead. Went out and Mary J Blige was still playing. Got soaked in the downpour, thinking she'd be finished soon, but it turned out she was just starting, and all the Pyramid times had changed. Phfffff.

On the plus side, I did get to see Motorhead later on and the sun came out!

Wore wellies for Friday/Saturday

It really ruined Sunday as I could barely stand up my feet were in that much pain I only managed to see Lionel and The Chems.

Also go out in a group of about 20 and have our meet up after headliners back at the tents in bushy ground... we were all meeting up at about half 12 and staying for a drink or two. By the time everyone was ready to leave it was half 1 and then by the time we'd walked to the park or the SE corner it was 3am. With a group of 20 Gillespie'd 20 somethings you end up stopping every 5 metres as someone got lost or somebody needed the toilet or some other bullshit. It was ridiculous.

Sometimes the journey is more important than the destination.

Should not have gone for my usual Sunday night/Monday morning wander around Shangri-La. I found it really horrible this year. It was madly busy and the alleyways had gone (which always had interesting things in them) leaving instead loads of nightclubs rammed full of people. Block 9 and Unfairground were mad busy too. Unless they have a big overhaul of the S.E Corner I won't bother going back there.

Sometimes the journey is more important than the destination.

True but these journeys weren't interesting in the slightest, nothing of value happened on them. There was two nights were I went straight out after the music with 2-3 other people and would meet the rest later, those couple of hours waiting for the others turned out to be the best of the festival for me

Shouldn't have left others in charge of how much I was drinking weds...

Shouldn't have tried to do it all in one go even if it was easy to carry at first. Made it without a busy back but was reasonably close to hurling my mate's unreasonable heavy tent info the hedge by the time I got the the gate

Shouldn't let slowpoke friends determine the place.

No biggies, just know I can do better

Declining a wander around with a very pretty girl on Friday night as I was too busy eating the insides of my own mouth

:lol:

Mine would be try Mandy from your new dealer for the first time, especially the night before you're meant to share the drive home. It was a lot stronger than I anticipated and I'm probably still in recovery.

Edited by The Placid Casual

Not meeting up with a friend who had brought me in a crate of cider & another friend who I pinky promised to meet him to go to Shangri La on Saturday.

Pulled my best mate's sister at Kanye, he asked me not to.

Getting a girls number before Jamie T & not realising she's written it in Latvian.

Starting to think I was a bit of a shit.

Not meeting up with a friend who had brought me in a crate of cider & another friend who I pinky promised to meet him to go to Shangri La on Saturday.

Getting a girls number before Jamie T & not realising she's written it in Latvian.

Yours should be not appearing out of the blue Sunday night. Where were you man?

I dunno. Sounds cracking to me .

Lose my phone at 3am on Sunday night.  So close...

Not testing the weed I'd got beforehand, and discovering it was like being smacked around the head with a rubber club.  Fun for me, but after day 2 no-one else was too keen on sharing my joints.

Chain-smoking said green and then moving straight onto mandy for the first time.  Think mandy was fighting a losing battle there.

Going in a large group and allowing myself to get pulled into meet times, plans and the like.  Ended up too much like organised fun and ran off on my own for most of Saturday and Sunday.  Far more fun.

Promising myself that I'd explore the Park and Grenfields more after dark, and ending up either at Williams Green (usually for the last song), Bread and Roses or SE corner.  Must try harder next year.

Like Frosty, no biggies but stuff to improve for next year.

:lol:

Mine would be try Mandy from your new dealer for the first time, especially the night before you're meant to share the drive home. It was a lot stronger than I anticipated and I'm probably still in recovery.

The stuff we get here in Ireland is rubbish! Sampled what I can at Glasto from friends and there's just no comparison, 10x better yet I was indulging in my usual doses at home....oh boy was I Gillespie'd! 

Having my first meeting in many years with a rather hefty White Widow early on Friday afternoon. King Gizzard sounded utterly amazing (as they did when I caught the latter part of their WG set later on when much more straight, tbf) but the rest of my thought processes were all over the place for a couple of hours...

That and headed to the SE Corner too early most nights instead of exploring the T&C, Green Fields etc