Visiting the site when the festi is not on

melsypelsy

Myself and my partner wernt lucky enough to get tix this year :-((( however we are going away at the end of July and are considering passing through Shepton Mallet on the way home for a wander around the site to see what it feels like to be there when the festi is done and dusted as I guess most of the site will be returning to farmland by this time?

I know I have seen this thread on here before so apologies for repeating this q....

1. Are we allowed to wander around the significant areas that still feel like part of Glasto with the permanent structures? (Kids field/Pyramid/stone circle) 

2.Do we need to get special permission?

Thank you in advance :0)

You can just turn up - but remember it is a working farm. There are public footpaths.

It should all be back to 'normal' by the end of the month and fence all down and gone but locals will be better placed to tell you that.

There are always some structures on site........... like the Pyramid shell and Stone Dragon.

It feels odd without the festival but still has a certain feeling...

I got into the SE corner once, I jumped over a gate. It looked like there used to be a footpath down there, but it was long overgrown. I wandered along the railway track until I heard someone in the distance, so I turned back and left. 

Probably best to ask, in summary. 

You can just turn up - but remember it is a working farm. There are public footpaths.

It should all be back to 'normal' by the end of the month and fence all down and gone but locals will be better placed to tell you that.

There are always some structures on site........... like the Pyramid shell and Stone Dragon.

It feels odd without the festival but still has a certain feeling...

i've never seen Worthy Farm when the festival isn't on, and i don't think i want to.  after all these years, i like it that i'm only there for the festival, and that the festival only exists for 5 days.  what happens the other 360 days doesn't concern me, but i feel part of the festival, if that makes sense?

I did it last year and it's really nice. My mates live in Glasto. When I asked if it was okay, they said that sometimes when they go for a walk up there, Michael Eavis gives them a little wave if he's about. 

It feels a lot smaller 'out of season'. My mate wanted to walk to the stone circle. I was like 'That's ages away' (we were at the Pyramid). But as the crow flies and without traffic, it of course took about 5 mins!

I'd love to go & find the stone dragon, never seen it before & I can't quite place where it it's located.

it was very crowded when i went this year, people queueing up to climb on it.  it's become one of those 'to-see list' things i think.  it'd probably be better seeing it when the festival isn't on.

I did it last year and it's really nice. My mates live in Glasto. When I asked if it was okay, they said that sometimes when they go for a walk up there, Michael Eavis gives them a little wave if he's about.

It feels a lot smaller 'out of season'. My mate wanted to walk to the stone circle. I was like 'That's ages away' (we were at the Pyramid). But as the crow flies and without traffic, it of course took about 5 mins!

This...it's unbelievable how small the site is. From East camper too Silver Hayes, ten minutes tops. When festival on, ure looking at a hour with entry.

Where is best to park etc if you do want to go for a wander around the site?

If you approach from the A37 side, and then just follow the road down as if you were actually going to the car park, there are some gates and passing places you can park in. It's not really busy the rest of the year!

I went last year in February on my way back from Bournemouth, drove through Pilton village and through main gates of the farm parked up by the cowsheds near to where the webcam is located, quite eerie being there alone when last time I was there I was around 200k others :P

1959266_10202280919117905_503796870_n.jp

Edited by JayBalls

I have always contacted the festival office more out of courteously than any thing else. When I visited in October I was told to park at the red barn but in Late July it was just off the A37 that was due to them still clearing the site. I can officially say my dog has been on the pyramid stage ( well under the metal skeleton)