The Who road crew review

elias

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sure, if we're being pedantic it doesn't 'confirm' anything, but one of The Who's crew saying they were only asked to play because Prince didn't want to, along with Neil saying that's what he believes to have happened is strong enough for me to believe that's what happened with this year's Sunday headliner saga. 

what does it consist of? is it just checking the mics are working, or are songs performed?

Playing every instrument and mic, checking levels, hiss, echo, feedback etc with the sound desk guys working overtime to make sure its all good. Seen it a few times at Glasto actually on my morning brekkie run. U2 did it I know.

Then the other acts of the day use their own set up and instruments so as not to mess about with the headliners setup. Hence the roll on roll off stage setups. Which I think is relatively new for Glasto. 

So its not a sound check with them playing songs but they are checking the sound.

Edited by The Nal

yes. That's pretty bad. I'd totally given up on The Who for a while. It all changed when they got Zak on drums

Townshend also hated their Woodstock performance, which for me, has barely been equaled (from the footage I've seen... not having been there).

A good few bands hated Woodstock. CCR refused to be included in the movie due to sound issues. And Fogerty said that because they followed The Grateful Dead everyone was asleep! The Who were on even later, after CCR  at 5am ish, which is why Townshend hated it.