Anyone else having nightmares?

Matt42

So I was woken up this morning by my dad telling me I've been sleep walking for the past three nights now. However last night I was apparently walking round my house talking about "ballon men", and that there was an army of ballon men stood outside my house?

Is this normal? Because I've seen Vice have published an article about the weirdest post-Glastonbury comedown dreams

My nightmares peaked last Wednesday and Thursday night when the exhaustion hit. Tuesday night was surprisingly normal and didn't feel at all weird.

Wednesday came round and can honestly say I've never felt more weird in the day or have worse dreams at night.  

So I was woken up this morning by my dad telling me I've been sleep walking for the past three nights now. However last night I was apparently walking round my house talking about "ballon men", and that there was an army of ballon men stood outside my house?

Is this normal? Because I've seen Vice have published an article about the weirdest post-Glastonbury comedown dreams

Nothing worry about. I dreamt I was being attacked by a man holding a rubber chicken every night for a week or so after a fortnight in Ibiza. It passes

I tend to wake up in the night a few times in the glastonbury comedown, i wake up very disoriented not knowing where i am and thinking I've fallen asleep in various areas of glastonbury....i sleep naked too so this can cause a bit of brief panic haha

I've had my usual post-festival thing, where I wake up disorientated thinking I'm still in a tent. 

Once I woke up my partner to ask, 'what kind of tent is this?'. 'A big tent', she said. I must have been satisfied with that explanation cause I went back to sleep.

Didn't get them too bad this year, although one night I'm not sure I slept as I seemed very busy punching everyone I knew from school in the face repeatedly.

The worst ones are when you're not sure whether you're eyes are open or closed.. 

"I can see my room but I swear my eyes are closed." - tip: when experiencing this don't ever wear an eye mask.  

Edited by mjsell

aye i've had awful dreams and sleep paralysis since the festival. fucking horrible waking up from a nightmare and realising you're frozen in place in bed. scares the shit out of me. has gotten a bit better with each passing night so i'm hoping it fucks off for good soon enough. REALLY need to stop caning the drugs and get better sleep at festivals though. i've been an absolute wreck this last week

While at the festival and very drunk we came up with the idea of Burt Bacharach controlling the Pyramid stage and going on a rampage, squashing everyone in sight. It only lasted a few seconds, but that happened in a dream of mine last Friday night, after watching Burt Bacharach's back with a few drinks.

Nothing to report apart from that. I wouldn't say my dreams have been normal but they certainly haven't been nightmareish.

I've a had a couple of odd ones over the last week, but I put it down to the heat. I guess this is a good place to mention one of the most terrifying dreams I've ever had that just so happens to be about Glastonbury. I even gave it a name...

Micheal's Judgement

It was one night in the run-up to October ticket day. Excitement and apprehension were high, but hadn't played too much on my mind, though in retrospect, my subconscious may well have been carrying a heavy load.

I was at the festival with friends, some from my usual group, other's that I've never been to a festival with before. We arrived on what seemed to be the Friday - bands were already playing and a few people were having to set up tents within the big venue tents as there was no space elsewhere. I had a pop-up tent set up within a Williams Green-esque venue.

It was early evening and thick grey clouds blocked out most of the remaining sunlight. It was a little windy and wet underfoot. I wandered between stages - they were small and close together. The number of festival goers at this point was low. It felt more like a fun fair. In fact, it was much like the festival was taking place withing the Unfairground area. There were some big names playing (I can't remember who), but in true Glastonbury style, they were all playing at the same time. People were complaining about this, the weather, some technical issues.

There was a sense of aggression even more disturbing than that you'd find at Leeds Festival and it became apparent that some punters were growing nervous. People working the stages, bars and attractions were being rude, unhelpful and stirring up the negative atmosphere. As night set in, so did a storm, and things started to get really scary. People were running from unseen terrors, others being restrained by security seemingly for their amusement. I went to my tent and tried to shut it all out.

I when I next opened my tent, a stream had appeared, running directly at me, forcing me to exit. It was early morning now. The sun was up, but the dark grey clouds persisted. There was no rain, but a menacing wind swirled about the site. I began to here the sound of screams, explosions and laughter. Venturing out of the venue tent, I was confronted by scenes of utter horror. Festival workers, their faces adorned with crude makeup styled like twisted clowns, were attacking the attendees, slaughtering them where they stood. Huge pieces of the structures were being torn down by the wind, wiping out crowds as they desperately tried to escape the Shangri-La-esque alleyways. 

I managed to make a break up-hill, back through the venue tent which now had huge torrents of water pouring through it. Exiting out the other side, I found some of my friends and girlfriend running up the hill towards the carparks.  We were being chased towards the car park by the festival workers - Micheal's Mob. "Micheal's lost it!", someone cried. It was then that I realised the laughter I could here was from across the site, booming and maniacal. As I looked back, I could see Micheal hovering above the site (not unlike God in Monty Python and the Holy Grail), laughing and pointing at the carnage below.

As we reached the top of the hill, we hurdled a gate and begin making our way up a track, dry stone wall on ether side. I looked to my left and could see the site below, fire, smoke and screams filled the valley. Burning rocks began falling from the sky, pummeling the crowds running through the fields on either side of me. When there weren't the rocks falling, tornadoes would whip by and dozens of people would disappear in an instant. I slowed to turn round and take in the scene and fathom what was happening and as I turned back, I could see my girlfriend up ahead make it to a crossroads in the track, just before a tornado hurtled by and she was gone. I stopped and screamed "Noooooo!!!". I was no longer scared, I was angry. I turned back to see Evil Eavis hovering now more centrally above the site, seemingly looking at me, his laughter filling the air like thunder. As my fellow revelers continued to fall around me, I knew I was going to have to make a stand...

But then I woke up.

I am yet to face down Evil Eavis and when I saw him at the festival, I could hear that laughter in the deep recesses of my mind. As he looked me in the eye, it felt like he could see what I had seen, that I had uncovered his secret identity. Then he drove on.

Until next time, Micheal...

I had a fairly regular Glastonbury dream (just there, having fun, music, dancing - that kind of thing) & then when I woke up I was trying to work out what tune had been at the end of my dream.

It clicked after a few minutes that it had been a mix of Hurrache Nights by Hot Chip & Go by The Chems.

Replace us with the things that do the job better..Go!

It was great and now I want it!