Glastonbury Toe

BA4 4BY

I thought I'd got away with it this year but on Thursday the big toe on my left foot started to go numb, although it's nowhere near as full-on as in previous years.

I wore a variety of walking shoes / walking boots / insoles / socks combinations throughout the week (no wellies), but I still don't seem to have found the answer!

Anyone else suffering with Glastonbury Toe, or if you've had it before but haven't got it this year, what did you do differently?

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Invested in new insoles this year. Mixture of boots and Birkenstocks this year. Much less problem, didn't suffer at all until Wednesday when I went back to work, but still a slight tingle/numbness in left toe today. Way better than last year, and I reckon it'll be back to normal in a week or so. Will keep an eye on this thread!!

Yep, get it every year. The ends of both my big toes are a bit numb. Forget about this little ailment every year until it happens! I only wore wellies for two days so am pretty surprised. I think they're coming to the end of their lives so might invest in some walking boots for next year.

I've had this every year since about 2011. Both my big toes are a bit numb again this year, but they're nowhere near as bad as previous years. Some years it has taken several months for them to go back to normal.

Basically it's nerve damage due to walking too much in shoes that aren't really designed for it (wellies are by far the worst). I'm vaguely worried that eventually they'll just stay numb all year round.  :unsure:

Edited by Cheesey

Mate has this, my feet are in great condition somehow. Didn't even put socks on until the Friday afternoon.

Saw some people stood barefoot in the mud queuing for toilets/water on the Saturday morning - why the bastard would you do this? One way ticket to trench foot.

Edited by Bonneville88

Probably just mild nerve inflammation that will sort itself out given a bit log time, I've beer experienced this despite being a wellies wearer, of the people who have, do you do much walking outside of the festival?

Yup, left big toe for me too!

Was worse last year (wore wellies more) and took over six months to go. Only wore walking boots this year and its not so bad so I'm hoping it will clear up more quickly.

Will give trainers a try if I can next year.