Public transport or drive?

malibulucy

Hi Guys need help from those of you that have travelled to T before (I know its in a new spot but general ideas) I can't decide whether to take the bus, the train/bus or the car.  Im travelling from inverness camping thursday to monday. Was thinking of taking the car as I have quite a lot of stuff but then I figured everyone else will be in the same position so it may not be as bad as I think and they must be used to it (is it normal for folk to take bags and trollies for the bus or do you try and pack light?) Train offers me a bit more flexibility for returning home and price wise there is not much in that + the bus from perth vs the bus the whole way down vs petrol and car parking I just can't decide whether I have too much luggage to be dragging it about on the train and a bus! (though looking at the map I think there may be less dragging than if I parked the car, though obv then I can always do 2 trips!!) Any input from anyone who has done either in the past and how you found it would be great. 

:D x

Car parks were always futher away then the bus drop off. For us it's just so much easier for the bus. Times on tickets aren't followed especially going home. It's a lot easier than you think, all your things are put on the bottom deck and you enjoy the journey with a few drinks.

We're travelling from Inverness on Thursday too... train to Perth then taxi to Strathallan. We booked train a couple months ago tho so prices were alot cheaper. Shuttle bus from Perth is £22.. cheaper for us to get taxi but there's 4 of us going to split the cost so depends on how many your travelling with. We've done it this way for years now, went by bus once, was definitely easiest carrying wise but not a great journey and our bags were nearly stolen once with someone saying they were his, driver had to open them and ask us to say what the contents were. If we hadnt been there at the same time we would've been without alot of essentials! When I first started going we went by car... never again as the carrying from car park to gates was horrendous! Not sure if it will be as far a trek this year tho.

Me and my friend are getting the megabus from Inverness to Perth then shuttle bus from Perth to T. £50 each, round trip which is £10 cheaper than the citylink bus from Inverness to T and back (which I think it's too late to book now?). We never drive as I don't think we'd be up to the journey home lol. Oh and we will be taking a backpack and trolley each, they put it in the hold, no bother.

Edited by smithypops

I think driving the next day would be an issue also. We've chosen not to do that each year so our driver doesn't have to watch what they drink on the Sunday. Scotlands no alcohol driving policy means you'd have to go easy and stop earlier on to be fit to drive the next day.