Worthy View Review

Jamieyorkshire

I've an idea, why not camp on the outskirts of the site itself? Clean, quiet, nice toilets and save yourself a fortune and a long walk in and out every day?

You talk about the main camping being over crowded and littered, maybe walk about a bit more next time away from the main areas and see how much camping isn't like that?

We were up by Gate A,  no litter at all in our field, during or after the festival, clean toilets, quiet at night and showers nearby if we wanted (we didn't).

I know you get pre-pitched but we bring a tent from overseas and onto coaches with no bother and did it years ago with two small children too.

Having said all that each to their own but not for me, WV costs more than my festival spend so seems like madness to me

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've an idea, why not camp on the outskirts of the site itself? Clean, quiet, nice toilets and save yourself a fortune and a long walk in and out every day?

You talk about the main camping being over crowded and littered, maybe walk about a bit more next time away from the main areas and see how much camping isn't like that?

We were up by Gate A,  no litter at all in our field, during or after the festival, clean toilets, quiet at night and showers nearby if we wanted (we didn't).

I know you get pre-pitched but we bring a tent from overseas and onto coaches with no bother and did it years ago with two small children too.

Having said all that each to their own but not for me, WV costs more than my festival spend so seems like madness to me

but how can they feel like they are better than everyone else if they are camped within the fence?

For the likes of us who have to fly over, WV is a bit of a godsend.

Taking tents etc adds to the cost of flights, so not having them offsets some of the cost of WV.
Add to this the proximity of the car park, the showers, the size of the tents and the fact you can get proper sleep if you want, and I think it's very good.

Definitely not for everyone, and if I wasn't flying from Ireland I don't think I'd do it either, but I can see the value in it

Where are the showers near Gate A storm?

I'd be tempted to stay there next year if I got a ticket, as mates of ours could take tents up from London

Then they proceed to 'get to the party' and are usually half-blasted for the rest of the festival - it's fun, you gotta do it - but the tent thieves know it's a field of wasted newbies, the wasted newbies have no idea how not to piss off their neighbours, make a mess and vomit/piss on your tent and then you have all the guy lines in the known universe to negotiate to get out for a wee.

Sounds like Hitchin Hill this year!

Long time reader of these forums but had to make an account just for this post. 

Camped in Pennards this year and I've got nothing but good things.

As for the campfires, there were a few 'villages' scattered around the field, formed by the Green Party who encouraged people to keep the area clean and tidy. They were fantastic, it was like a chill out circle, with campfire in the middle which was lit pretty much all night, every night, benches around it, some vine looking archways, etc. Everything was made with wood that the people could find on site before the festival opened. Everyone that contributed were extremely welcoming and nice and made the whole atmosphere incredible.

Sitting around the fire with 4/6 other people, chatting away in the early hours of Monday morning, overlooking the festival is probably my favourite moment of the whole festival.

Also, apparently after the festival, about with a circumference of about 7/8 tents the whole area was left litter free. 

So, being nice and welcoming really does work in keeping the area free. 

Seriously think these 'villages' should be introduced through out the campsites as they really do make a difference and add on to the Glasto atmosphere

Where are the showers near Gate A storm?

I'd be tempted to stay there next year if I got a ticket, as mates of ours could take tents up from London

Just up by the cycle camping field. Btw we bring our 4 man tent on the plane (and coach) every year, did when the kids were small and we had to carry everything for them too. It's well doable I think

Will never camp anywhere but in the actual festival itself. And now that I've found a lovely spot in Bushy Ground I can't imagine choosing any other spot. Camped there 3 years in a row now. It's quiet, clean and has space and is still in the festival site. Would never pay extra ontop of the festival to camp somewhere outside of the festival.

Is it? Then what's next folk patrolling to shoosh anyone breaking the 11pm curfew for those who like an early night?

People having fun at Glasto shocker!! Guess some people are quite precious. We were camped in Dairy the other side of Arcadia and never had a problem getting any shut eye. 

As much as the shower would be quite appealing I can't see myself extracting that kind of cash to sleep offsite. I love being in the thick of it and i'm not young anymore. 

Travel from Ireland and do the coach as well so it is doable. 

Will never camp anywhere but in the actual festival itself. And now that I've found a lovely spot in Bushy Ground I can't imagine choosing any other spot. Camped there 3 years in a row now. It's quiet, clean and has space and is still in the festival site. Would never pay extra ontop of the festival to camp somewhere outside of the festival.

Plus one. Loved it in Bushy this year. Used to camp in Park Home but it's too noisy for me and too much of a walk these days. Much happier getting a few hours kip.

Given Worthy View clearly advertises a quiet policy after 1am then yes...

Just out of curiosity, where is that?

Their main "terms" page doesn't mention it, although the main site does say this:

" ...  The “Worthy View” campsite looks out over the Festival site and is a great spot for people to wander down into the Festival, and retreat to a quieter campsite, with their tents ready and waiting for them.  ... "

Just out of curiosity, where is that?

Their main "terms" page doesn't mention it, although the main site does say this:

" ... The “Worthy View” campsite looks out over the Festival site and is a great spot for people to wander down into the Festival, and retreat to a quieter campsite, with their tents ready and waiting for them. ... "

It was in the welcome email and also signs dotted around the campsite itself.

Kind of a bit late if you happened to book, thinking it was just a pre-setup extension of the main site.

Yeah this was never advertised and we weren't made aware until the welcome pack came through, which was a bit odd.  Not that it mattered as people next to us where making a right racket at 5am regardless.

It is bizarre how it polarizes opinion so much.  I'd be interested to know out of the people who liked it how many have actually camped at places like Bushy Ground, Rivermead, South Park etc beforehand.

It's going slightly off track but would the layout of Worthy View - with all the tents pitched in lines using minimum amount of space - allow the festival to fit more people in, so a way of extending the capacity in future years by offering more of that type of camping?

Guess its also easier to clean up after and the tents are presumably reused so a bit greener than the mess left in the regular parts of the festival where camping takes place

Worthy View is convenient for us, we have camped in the main site but choose to stay there now - I'm not too sure how "off site" it should be considered now as there are no pass outs or showing tickets when you go in or out - unlike the campervan fields, you have a wristband. I'm not too sure why people are so concerned about others choosing to stay there, and not in the main site, if they put WV in the main site I would still choose it. The Tipi dwellers don't get the same reaction as people who stay at WV even though they also have showers and toilets. It's my festival and I will choose how I spend my time and where I will camp - exactly like everyone else that attends.