Worthy View Review

Jamieyorkshire

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think if we were punters it might be good for us, we spend most time in that side of the site anyway and are used to having a great big long trek at the end of the night up to toms field. From Park to WV has surely to be better than all the way thru the festival and back all the way up Muddy Lane to Toms Field.

For me its about noise at night though, we arent nighttime people, we are in bed by 1 and up very early.

TO back up the original poster, we stayed in WV this year after 2 years on Pennards Hill.

It was a brilliant decision. WV is well worth the £125 extra if only to avoid the huge queues and subsequent walk with 30kg of stuff when getting in on the Wednesday morning, and the hassle of finding a decent spot to pitch up.

We left London at 8am on Wednesday and were set up in the tent by 11am with a cold beer admiring the view. Will be doing WV again every year I'm lucky enough to get a ticket for sure. 

PS I may be younger and fitter than some WV residents, but this hill chat is nonsense, it's a minute of your day and less than 100m long! 

Edited by tom22

PS I may be younger and fitter than some WV residents, but this hill chat is nonsense, it's a minute of your day and less than 100m long! 

Completely agree! It takes about a minute to get up the hill. Seriously guys -- if you felt that the hill is prohibitive and made your festival less enjoyable, I think you need to look at your fitness levels.

Apologies if you've got knee problems or something though.

ha is this true? I really want to take on this hill to see what all the fuss is about. 

Is it much worse than walking up to the glastonbury sign?

ha is this true? I really want to take on this hill to see what all the fuss is about. 

I don't know what it's like once you get beyond the gates to WV, but I found the walk up to Strummerville tougher going than the Glastonbury sign.  But then it was 2am on Sunday morning and my feet felt particularly heavy...

I walked up there for all my shifts with Oxfam last year. It's about the same, if not nicer as you have steps to walk up rather than just a hill. The view is totally worth it when you get up there though, you don't get any better at the festival.

it's all the same piece of hill. WV maybe 10m higher in elevation due to being on the plateau at the top above the big fence, but no worse than that.

another big + that I forgot is that there's no tent thieves. I lost £200 when my sleeping bag was slashed open in 2013 on Pennards and my wallet taken from by my feet whilst I slept on night 1, and same happened to my mate last year in same place and he lost £300. 

Just checking, but everyone here knows that the zero tent robberies in Worthy View is down to there being much tighter security up there right? These gangs aren't stupid enough to try and take stuff from people's pre pitched tents with security patrolling the area, not to mention actually getting into the campsite without a Worthy View wristband. There's much easier pickings for them down in the main campsite.

Look at the map.  The initial bit up to the bar is pretty steep but short.  Not really a problem if you are staying in the initial section of worthy view, but if you look at the far banks of tents it's a fair trek every day (and much of it is uphill).  Wasn't much of a problem in the first few days but becomes a right PITA by the Saturday.

Read my post.

'Look at the map.  The initial bit up to the bar is pretty steep but short.  Not really a problem if you are staying in the initial section of worthy view, but if you look at the far banks of tents it's a fair trek every day (and much of it is uphill).  Wasn't much of a problem in the first few days but becomes a right PITA by the Saturday.'

Sorry if I misread anything, but from that it looks like you're saying that by Saturday, it became more hassle than it's worth.

Those converts from Pennards - have you tried just camping somewhere nicer?

It really is a piece of piss if you're not fussed about being in Pennards or Big Ground. Just rock up after midday and camp a wee bit further out. Avoid the hikes up and down that hill

I just say as most of the reasons people give are pretty dubious. You can't fairly review WV if you're not familiar with the range of normal camping, or arriving later, you can't judge what kind of people you're having to be next to without getting to know them and the situation etc

Those converts from Pennards - have you tried just camping somewhere nicer?

It really is a piece of piss if you're not fussed about being in Pennards or Big Ground. Just rock up after midday and camp a wee bit further out. Avoid the hikes up and down that hill

I just say as most of the reasons people give are pretty dubious. You can't fairly review WV if you're not familiar with the range of normal camping, or arriving later, you can't judge what kind of people you're having to be next to without getting to know them and the situation etc

Completely agree with this.  Camped in South Park before - tons of space (even on Thursday), reasonably quiet and even though it's a walk to a lot of areas it doesn't feel it as it's flat.  Never heard of any tent thefts when we were there either.  

There is a space on the site for every taste in my opinion (including pre pitched tents), which makes Worthy View largely redundant.

Edited by Smitho77

Completely agree! It takes about a minute to get up the hill. Seriously guys -- if you felt that the hill is prohibitive and made your festival less enjoyable, I think you need to look at your fitness levels.

Apologies if you've got knee problems or something though.

I've got "old" problems.

And on many of the hill climbing occasions I had Rum/ Red Wine/ Cider problems too.