Take Me Back To The Mothership

BlackHole2006

Been watching and re-watching the iPlayer footage for George Clinton and Funkadelic and I've got to say that was one of the most perfect evenings I've ever had. Todd Terje followed by Mothership followed by Circus & Theatre Fields till late. (Did anyone manage to find Crooners Corner btw?). The Family Stone hits medley was just wonderful.

How are West Holts going to top it this year? Only person I could think of that could manage would be David Byrne.

Edited by BlackHole2006

Been watching and re-watching the iPlayer footage for George Clinton and Funkadelic and I've got to say that was one of the most perfect evenings I've ever had. Todd Terje followed by Mothership followed by Circus & Theatre Fields till late. (Did anyone manage to find Crooners Corner btw?). The Family Stone hits medley was just wonderful.

How are West Holts going to top it this year? Only person I could think of that could manage would be David Byrne.

We were there for Vintage Trouble beforehand too. Pretty sure I've never seen a better run of performances at one stage (and that it was at WH made it even better). Absolutely cracking.

Loved The Family Stone but left Clinton after half an hour,they weren't bad but was expecting more classics. I only knew 2 songs (Star Child and Flashlight) before I left, They mainly just played new stuff didn't they?  Think I made the right decision by heading to see PSB, they blew my mind.

it wasnt mainly newer songs, sure they played two from 2014 that could have been replaced by songs from standing on the verge or other classic albums but it did not ruin the set. i call my baby pussy cat, (not just) knee deep, flashlight,  tear the roof of the sucker and into the finale of Thank you (falletinme be mice elf) was incredible. Best thing i seen all weekend, bearing in mind i got shit shifts over the 3 main days..... was a great funkin gig thats gonna be hard to top.        all about personal taste n choice tho and im glad PSB blew my mind, the mothership connection blew mine and my ass followed :)

We were there for Vintage Trouble beforehand too. Pretty sure I've never seen a better run of performances at one stage (and that it was at WH made it even better). Absolutely cracking.

I'd never heard of Vintage Trouble before I decided to head down to WH early to get a couple of pints in and I saw the guy climb up the PA opposite the stage. How he can keep up that energy I do not know.

it wasnt mainly newer songs, sure they played two from 2014 that could have been replaced by songs from standing on the verge or other classic albums but it did not ruin the set. i call my baby pussy cat, (not just) knee deep, flashlight,  tear the roof of the sucker and into the finale of Thank you (falletinme be mice elf) was incredible. Best thing i seen all weekend, bearing in mind i got shit shifts over the 3 main days..... was a great funkin gig thats gonna be hard to top.        all about personal taste n choice tho and im glad PSB blew my mind, the mothership connection blew mine and my ass followed :)

Fair enough, glad you had a good time. I definitely would've stayed for the whole set but kept thinking PSB at the back of my mind during songs I wasn't familiar with. 

Edited by When Jokers Attack

Crooners Corner was at the end of Bella's Bridge.

• 1 year later...
23 hours ago, MrZigster said:

Bump.

Just wanted to shout out somewhere that GC & Funkadelic came through my work a couple of days ago.

I got a brief chance to state "you guys just owned Glastonbury" and got big smiles before I was called to dash off somewhere.

Love the sound of your work, the only people I have coming into my office are dusty workmen wanting their pay cheques. 
Charm x

Edited by Charm

• 3 weeks later...
On 30/07/2016 at 8:47 AM, Charm said:

Love the sound of your work, the only people I have coming into my office are dusty workmen wanting their pay cheques. 
Charm x

Um. Bump again I guess. I've been busy.

My work generally sucks. Sweaty and tired funk legends travelling a dozen to a tour bus with no stand up head room from gig to gig probably isn't the most glamorous of jobs either. Surely they should have their own jet by now.