English Notes?

Jawswing

Probably a bit of a daft question, any money in the UK should be easily usable anywhere else in the UK.

But I know it can be incredibly difficult to get someone in England to accept a Scottish note at times, so I just wondered if it'd be the same up there with English notes?

Never been before, I'd assume loads of English people go up there so it'd be fairly common, at T at least.

Edited by Jawswing

All UK notes are accepted up here in Scotland it's only those people in England that are weird about it.

Being an Englishman of Scottish decent I swear I've spend half my life explaining to stupid English people it's still 'real money'. But like you say, never does the reverse problem happen north of the border.

I used to say there is no such as a stupid question, only stupid answers...

You my friend have disproved this, we are not the same parochial idiots who refuse notes. Your English money will be fine, although the exchange rate is wee bit poor at the moment.....

I used to say there is no such as a stupid question, only stupid answers...

You my friend have disproved this, we are not the same parochial idiots who refuse notes. Your English money will be fine, although the exchange rate is wee bit poor at the moment.....

It's no more parochial as you'd be refusing to take a note of Azerbaijan origin as payment. If you're not familiar with the note it might as well be monopoly money.

It's no more parochial as you'd be refusing to take a note of Azerbaijan origin as payment. If you're not familiar with the note it might as well be monopoly money.

I put it to you if you are not familiar with currency of your "United" Kingdom you shouldn't be allowed out unsupervised :thumbsup:

I put it to you if you are not familiar with currency of your "United" Kingdom you shouldn't be allowed out unsupervised :thumbsup:

it's not a United Kingdom note, it's not United Kingdom legal tender, it's not United Kingdom currency. It's a bank's promissory note.

So yes, I am familiar with the currency of the United Kingdom but it appears that you're not. :P

Edited by eFestivals

Aye, one of the things that came out in the great referendum debate, Scottish notes aren't even legal tender in Scotland! In all of 10 years living and working down in England I have never been refused a Scottish note. I have puzzled looks and reluctance but they've always taken them. Must be my nice honest cuddly face.

it's not a United Kingdom note, it's not United Kingdom legal tender, it's not United Kingdom currency. It's a bank's promissory note.

So yes, I am familiar with the currency of the United Kingdom but it appears that you're not. :P

Very familiar, a note is not any sort of promissory note in Scotland, even though we invented it. Only coins are tender. Although I stand by my point anyone who does not know a Scottish bank note, a northern province of England should not be allowed out of the house unsupervised.....

Anyway I'm away to the pool to spend some of my Money before T, buenos Dias.....

Very familiar, a note is not any sort of promissory note in Scotland

factually incorrect. A Scottish note is *only* ever a promissory note.

Although I stand by my point anyone who does not know a Scottish bank note, a northern province of England should not be allowed out of the house unsupervised.....

yeah, because all of the UK sees these notes all the time. :lol:

In my fifty years, I've encountered Scottish notes less than 10 times in my life.

I've encountered Francs, Deuchmarks, (It) Lira, Drachma, (Tk) Lira, Pesetos, Rupees, (US) Dollar, (CAN) Dollar, AUS (Dollar) and of course Euros far more than I've seen Scottish notes.

I've never once seen an Ulster Bank note. Of the Scottish notes, I've never seen a Clydesdale note - not even when in Scotland!