Wristband, ticket, passout - whats the point?

paulfoel

Surely just wristband would be enough?

Can't workout what they're trying to prevent here.....

Also, what happens if you lose ticket? Surely must happen - pissed people, mud etc.

If the wristband alone was enough, someone inside could take theirs off, you take it outside and put it on someone waiting in the car park, and they get in.

There are lots of variations like this. The only approach that solves all of them is requiring wristband, ticket, passout.

If you lose one of these things you have to go to the festival office and endure a wait of several hours and lots of questions. If you are who you say you are you'll probably be allowed back in.

Edited by Cheesey

I think it's a very frustrating procedure really.

They could easily sit down for a couple of hours, and simply fix it to a degree that you don't need the pass out too.

We were greeted by a rather rude oxfam steward, who was simply snatching tickets off people on Sunday afternoon, and was then being overly abrupt when people were asking her questions. 

I don't know whether i have a gripe with the scenario, or the overly rude girl.

I think it's a very frustrating procedure really.

They could easily sit down for a couple of hours, and simply fix it to a degree that you don't need the pass out too.

while I agree it's frustrating, it's a system that's been arrived at after using those lesser systems in the past where it was too easy for people to find a work-around.

If "They could easily sit down for a couple of hours, and simply fix it to a degree that you don't need the pass out too" then you could too - so why not show us how easy it is? :P

Everything they do is necessary. Remember, the festival will be in serious danger of ending if it starts to have over-crowding issues again because it's too easy to get on site.

Can anyone think of any other musical or sporting event  where they allow people to sneak in ?

why don't they just insist on the ticket? it's got yer photo on it after all. or am I being thick?

Tickets like writsbands can be forged and dropping it in the mud or spilling food and beer over it makes it easier to hide the forgery - as it would with a wristband.

I guess using both methods cuts down the forgery / fraudulent risk and having a pass out as well cuts it down more.

Other festivals clear the arena every night so whilst at say Leeds you may be able to hand your wristband out you would not be able to get back in the following day so you would have to hide the arena overnight or go out and  spend all weekend in the camping areas -  which would not happen at Glasto