Sod offering lift share again!

paulfoel

Must admit did think it a bit weird that people come to Glasto and make no arrangements to get home but there we go.

Anyway, stuck our number on the board as going home 1030 sunday night. Fair enough help someone out. Got a text about 5pm yeh lift to services on M5 sorted thanks. Meet you 1030.

1030 get text just going to get my stuff. Great start. So we waited and waited. Text 5 mins away be there now. 1115 - sorry Im not coming now got a lift straight home. FFS not happy was I.

Will  I offer a lift again - will I bollacks. Hung around for nearly an hour and got let down at last minute. Fuck knows what this person was playing at. Traffic was nuts because by the time we left The Who were finishing and everyone was leaving. Got home 330am.

Is it me or is this a bit piss poor? I wouldnt act like this. Sign of the times I guess. Or am I expecting too much from someone who aint sorted any way to get home at last minute anyway???

People are inconsiderate asshats. Unfortunately not a new thing.

Well, it sounds like this person is an inconsiderate asshat at least. But for every asshat thankfully there are plenty more people like the OP who will help others where they can.

I'd have stated in the first text that if the person wasn't there by 10.30pm on the dot, you'll be leaving without them.

It's your car and you are being the generous one, so you more than have the rights to call the shots on this one.

Aye. I was a bit miffed that at 1030 she was only just going to get her stuff. Seemed a bit off since she was supposed to be meeting us at 1030.

I was all for bailing at 1045 but she sent the text saying she was 5 mins away. Mrs didnt want to leave someone high and dry with no transport.

Think all along she was trying to sort out a better option (i.e. to her house rather than M5 services) and wasnt on her way over at all. We were just a fall back option in case.

Yeh know not everyone is like that but I wont bother next time. Lift wanters can get the bus/train and do one.

Really annoying to hear that's happened there mate.

However, my one experience of that was 2010, and I got a lift off a lovely chap from eFestivals, I don't think he posts anymore, and i'm duly gutted really. Was my first ever Glastonbury, and he was wonderful.

I haven't got a number or contact anymore, or i'd offer him a pint to say thanks!

Thing is I wasnt going to ask for petrol money either. I dont need the money and I was going up the M5 anyway.

Sort of hoping the person that did give her a lift in the end screwed £20 out of her. Is that bad?

Normally wouldnt mind but I reckon the 45 minute delay caused an extra hour delay on top because of the traffic. 

Perhaps she had had a bit to drink or was completely brain dead from the weekend? It was inconsiderate but maybe unintentional.

Yeah but if somebody is being as generous as the OP was being, willing to give a free lift to somebody, then you should be responsible and grateful enough to at least be there at the time that was given. Regardless of any circumstances.

Thing is I wasnt going to ask for petrol money either. I dont need the money and I was going up the M5 anyway.

Sort of hoping the person that did give her a lift in the end screwed £20 out of her. Is that bad?

Normally wouldnt mind but I reckon the 45 minute delay caused an extra hour delay on top because of the traffic. 

Have you replied to their text to indicate you were badly held up due to their actions?  I was late for everything when I was young, but didn't really know of the consequences on others until they spelt it out bluntly.

On the positive front, about 5 years ago I spotted the  liftshare  site due to the link on the GF page.  Whilst I didn't use it to get there, I actually used it to get to work over the last few years, which saved me about 1 1/2 hours each day and 30,000+ shared miles.

Just jump on a coach home for free in the future. There were people openly admitting in the see tickets pen they never sort transport home.

I quietly asked the bloke with a clip board who was in charge and he basically said he's not bothered either. The number of available seats is far greater than people needing lifts home, as long as everyone gets off site that's his job done

Yeah but if somebody is being as generous as the OP was being, willing to give a free lift to somebody, then you should be responsible and grateful enough to at least be there at the time that was given. Regardless of any circumstances.

Absolutely, but I could see how it would be easy for someone to act a bit chaotically come Sunday night. Tried really hard to get my bus on time but ended up being an hour late, the stewards told us that if the bus had left on time, it would have been completely empty as no one made it in time.

Monday morning Glastonbury. That is all :D

(I'm not the only one who was completely useless come Monday surely?)

Yep. Took me four hours to get my bag from lock up, pack, take most of my stuff to my mate who has a van, go back to camp to collect friends, walk to car.

Monday morning Glastonbury. That is all :D

(I'm not the only one who was completely useless come Monday surely?)