Sunday Legend 2016

O'Doyle Rules

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I cant believe none of you lot have the clapton quotes bookmarked for these sorts of situations!

"Eric Clapton, following Enoch Powell's "Rivers Of Blood" speech, at a 1976 gig in Birmingham: "Vote for Enoch Powell... I think Enoch's right, I think we should send them all back. Stop Britain from becoming a black colony. Get the foreigners out. Get the wogs out. Get the coons out. Keep Britain white." – thus single-handedly sparking the Rock Against Racism campaign. Clapton - who's made a career of playing blues music - has never detracted the comments, other than to say that he was drunk, and not racist, just anti-immigration."

What about Enya?

Hates lithuanians

Grammy Award-winning singer Enya has found herself at the centre of controversy surrounding a concert billed as the ‘Enya Christmas Show’ which is scheduled to take place in Lithuania’s capital city, Vilnius, this Saturday. However, Enya, who is famously reluctant to perform before live audiences, claims she has no connection to the event.

Edited by russycarps

Hates lithuanians

Grammy Award-winning singer Enya has found herself at the centre of controversy surrounding a concert billed as the ‘Enya Christmas Show’ which is scheduled to take place in Lithuania’s capital city, Vilnius, this Saturday. However, Enya, who is famously reluctant to perform before live audiences, claims she has no connection to the event.

Racist cow

Someone here will have some sort of negative quote about any musical act you care to mention. This place is a great resource for negativity.

Clapton? racist

Bowie? pedo

Grohl? AIDS denier

Jagger? Tax avoider

etc etc

:D

By someone, he means he has. It's great, I base all my opinions on performers based on Russy's quotes about them.

Someone here will have some sort of negative quote about any musical act you care to mention. This place is a great resource for negativity.

Seems to be a fairly recent thing, just the last few years. If they're essentially not a saint they're "not Glasto worthy".

How many protests have we had over the last few festivals? U2, Dalai Lama, Kanye....

Presume someone will dig up that tax quote and petition for Adele to be removed. Fleetwood Mac used Hitlers old train to smuggle drugs through Europe.....

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/for-michael-eavis-to-wear-long-pants-at-glasto-16

Edited by The Nal

Seems to be a fairly recent thing, just the last few years. If they're essentially not a saint they're "not Glasto worthy".

How many protests have we had over the last few festivals? U2, Dalai Lama, Kanye....

Well I did have my "THE WRONG ONE DIED" banner at the paul mccartney gig, and that was 11 years ago now.

Presume someone will dig up that tax quote and petition for Adele to be removed. Fleetwood Mac used Hitlers old train to smuggle drugs through Europe.....

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/for-michael-eavis-to-wear-long-pants-at-glasto-16

Ace of Base were Nazis. 

Just in case there's a huge cultural reassessment and reunion tour planned...

Edited by Winslow Leach