Sunday Legend 2016

O'Doyle Rules

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the festival really upsell the "legends" angle and point to the success of Dolly and Lionel it might convince Elton.

Why not give him a longer set, say 90 mins, and treat him like a fourth headliner?

This is basically what happened with Brian Wilson in 2005 - he had the long afternoon slot in daylight (and the mandatory sun!) - and Kylie would have had the darkness for her showgirl-themed spectacular (in the event Basement Jaxx did their carnival type thing instead)

Have a feeling that after Dancing on the Ceiling this year we could be dancing Upside Down next year. Coming Out, Stopping in the Name of Love, Reflecting, wondering Where Did Our Love Go etc.

Yep, given she was once rumored for this year too

Have a feeling that after Dancing on the Ceiling this year we could be dancing Upside Down next year. Coming Out, Stopping in the Name of Love, Reflecting, wondering Where Did Our Love Go etc.

It depends, if Diana is open to doing festivals I imagine Rob Da Bank would chuck a shit load of cash her way for Bestival, plus he seems to have Nile Rogers on speed dial so that could help.

Actually, I said it last year, but I still wouldn't rule out that fella that wrote Let's Dance for Bowie.

Recent precedent (in the form of Ray Davies) of someone going FULL GLASTO LEDGE & BISHOP OF BANTS & WELLS after playing elsewhere on the site in the previous years.

Edited by CaledonianGonzo

Personally i'd love Tracy Chapman or Elton John.

It's a shame Simon & Garfunkel don't perform together anymore as that would be pretty special.

Looking back at legends that played before I started going there is so many I wish I'd seen. Wonder if they'll repeat any as sure they'll run out of legends before headliners

The fact that it's got to dolly and Lionel levels now says to me that they can really pull in big acts for this now!

Also yeah judging by Lionel's sales, I won't be surprised if some past 'legend' sized acts are too small for it now.

Would @DuranDuran play @GlastoFest? Here's what Nick Rhodes said at the #SilverClef awards. /QuyFcE9L3r pic.twitter.com/psvA2jJuIO

— BBC Ents News Team (@BBCNewsEnts)

July 3, 2015

Maybe??