Sunday Legend 2016

O'Doyle Rules

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

John Fogerty, Diana Ross, Tom Petty...

Billy Joel or Phil Collins might not actually be bad shouts.

Elton John is probably too big for it, but if he was willing to do it, then the crowd would probably surpass even that of Lionel, if that's possible

Edited by Space Shanty

That slot has to be Billy Joel shaped next year. Unless Peter Cetera wants to make it a little larger to tell us Glasto is a hard habit to break. 'Tell her about it Billy' says Pete motioning towards Emily. OK you're both booked she replies. Cool.

Not sure about Elton being too big, he was doing stadiums last time but the tickets ended up being dirt cheap on the discount sites, and the one near me they were giving them away to prevent it looking 'too empty'. Not sure why he couldn't cancel that one.

The legends slot, for the last 2 years, has been the biggest crowd of the weekend - it is effectively the 4th headliner slot. With the press from Lionel and Dolly I imagine there are a whole host of 'oldies' who would be up for doing it and getting a nice legacy sales boost!

Tom Petty would headline after the Isle of Wight no?

I think Elton would be bigger than Lionel depending on clashes.

Wouldn't be too shocked if Sunday looked like....Elton, Adele and Fleetwood Mac

Don't think Tom Petty could headline Glasto but I could be wrong

If the festival really upsell the "legends" angle and point to the success of Dolly and Lionel it might convince Elton.

Why not give him a longer set, say 90 mins, and treat him like a fourth headliner?

I think thats a great idea. The legend slot usually gets the biggest crowd of the festival right? Any Pyramid headliner will always be up against an Other stage headliner etc so doing the legend slot pretty much guarantees the biggest crowd I'd have thought.

If the festival really upsell the "legends" angle and point to the success of Dolly and Lionel it might convince Elton.

Why not give him a longer set, say 90 mins, and treat him like a fourth headliner?

Good idea this.

It pulls the biggest crowd of the weekend anyway so it is a headline slot to some degree

We are talking of that legend slot as a fourth headliner purely because the performances in recent years have been that good.

Lionel has only gotten a nice sales boost because he fucking smashed it.

Obviously it is easier for a 'legend' to produce a great set because they should have the back catalogue, but its also to do with their interaction with the crowd and the atmosphere they create on stage - Lionel did all this to perfection

I think thats a great idea. The legend slot usually gets the biggest crowd of the festival right? Any Pyramid headliner will always be up against an Other stage headliner etc so doing the legend slot pretty much guarantees the biggest crowd I'd have thought.

Prince.