Sunday Legend 2016

O'Doyle Rules

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Mash011 said:

McCartney would be absolutely incredible in the Legends slot but let's not kid ourselves. If he ever plays again he's headlining. I mean people made that case for Elton but McCartney is another level. That field would be dangerous.

No more danderous than a packed field for a headliner like the Stones. 

2 minutes ago, Mash011 said:

Middle of the afternoon means the competition elsewhere isn't as strong. There's plenty of strong stuff to pull people away at headliner time, less when the legends slot is on.

Fair point.

But Dolly's crowd was fucking MASSIVE. So massive, in fact, I used the caps lock there to emphasise the MASSIVENESS.

But it wasn't dangerous.

Just now, Woffy said:

Fair point.

But Dolly's crowd was fucking MASSIVE. So massive, in fact, I used the caps lock there to emphasise the MASSIVENESS.

But it wasn't dangerous.

Well, exactly, you look at how that was for Dolly and imagine what would happen if they put bloody Paul McCartney on in that slot. It'd be a bloodbath. Well, I don't know enough about this stuff to say for sure how actually dangerous, but I know bookings are done like they are for a reason.

1 minute ago, Mash011 said:

Well, exactly, you look at how that was for Dolly and imagine what would happen if they put bloody Paul McCartney on in that slot. It'd be a bloodbath. Well, I don't know enough about this stuff to say for sure how actually dangerous, but I know bookings are done like they are for a reason.

I'd certainly bring a flame thrower with me just in case it all kicked off