Sunday Legend 2016

O'Doyle Rules

Just now, The Nal said:

Oh no question. Me favouring Dylans versions doesn't mean Randy California (what a name) and co's versions aren't superb.

I just dropped by his wiki page to see what he's up to nowadays, only to discover he's been dead for nearly 20 years (drowned when saving his son from drowning :( )

And I also discovered how he got that name. There was another 'Randy' in Spirit, and Hendrix nicknamed them from where they came from, so there was Randy California and Randy Texas.

</interesting [for some] fact>

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went to see Dylan and it was terrible.

The songs just sounded nothing like the familiar versions and I could barely make out a word he was singing. A tuneless, unfamiliar, yowling dirge that I couldn't make head nor tail of, "sung" by a static, atonal parody of himself.

It was only after I got home that I realised that I'd been watching John Cooper Clarke.

And then I realised that I'd just been looking at a poster of John Cooper Clarke pasted on a wall next to a cattery.

53 minutes ago, maelzoid said:

I wore double denim once. To a social gathering. A woman berated me for it for what felt like the entire evening. Never wore it again.

Embrase the double denim. I've been wearing the same combo since I was about 12. Jeans, denim jacket, band t-shirt. The only thing that has changed in the interviening 13 years is the tightness of the trouser.

6 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

I just dropped by his wiki page to see what he's up to nowadays, only to discover he's been dead for nearly 20 years (drowned when saving his son from drowning :( )

And I also discovered how he got that name. There was another 'Randy' in Spirit, and Hendrix nicknamed them from where they came from, so there was Randy California and Randy Texas.

</interesting [for some] fact>

Yeah what a heroic end.

Poor sod.

Edited by The Nal

3 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

Think Will Smith would be Friday afternoon, where we've often had hip-hop acts on the Pyramid (De La Soul, Snoop, etc.), and it'd be brilliant.

yeah, he'd be a bigger pull than any of the previous acts in that spot, but if they book him they'd be silly to stick him anywhere else

1 hour ago, Jakkkkobz said:

Saw Bob at the Albert Hall  it was marvelous, not sure how he would be on a massive stage, I was two rows from the front and I struggled to translate his songs other than the Sinatra covers and I am Dylanite.

Saw him at the Albert Hall too - was completely amazing in my opinion. The band is absolutely fantastic, tight as fuck. The tunes are tailored to his lack of voice, and he is clearly enjoying himself. I had a huge grin on my face for the whole show - was a real treat. The venue helped, no doubt.

The thing is, he wouldn't tailor his set in any way at Glastonbury. It'd be as he normally does. One or two familiar songs at most to the casual fan. The majority wouldn't enjoy it IMO. Mind you, I'd love it!

Had a dream not long ago that Dylan did a secret set on the Pyramid Stage. However, the Pyramid Stage wasn't actually a pyramid, and was about the size of Avalon or something, with log benches in front. There were about 20 people there, and I was at Glastonbury with my GP, and there were lifts to underground passageways to walk around the site, and for some reason I was able to walk to my house whilst on site (I live in Yorkshire). Very strange.

2 hours ago, Will-2609 said:

Had a dream not long ago that Dylan did a secret set on the Pyramid Stage. However, the Pyramid Stage wasn't actually a pyramid, and was about the size of Avalon or something, with log benches in front. There were about 20 people there, and I was at Glastonbury with my GP, and there were lifts to underground passageways to walk around the site, and for some reason I was able to walk to my house whilst on site (I live in Yorkshire). Very strange.

Less cheese based snacks before bedtime me thinks ?! :)

17 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

I don't think it'll be happening - not a chance - but I wouldn't say that's beyond him. He plays more shows each and every year than just about any other act you could name.

It's been labeled as "one of only five UK gigs in 2016", he already has five gigs booked.