Sunday Legend 2016

O'Doyle Rules

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, that was superb (can you tell I'm a fan? :P). Tho he's also done at least one Byrne & St Vincent uk festie show since then.

He's curating Meltdown in London next month, and playing there.

There's an 'Atomic Bomb: The Music of William Onyeabor' show as the headliner at WOMAD in a couple of weeks - that's part of Meltdown too, and Byrne is playing the only other announced show in Paris in September - so me and Scottie were just discussing whether he's likely to show up at WOMAD too ... and I think the chances are pretty good.

His latest blog is from a few days ago and is talking about Greece. which tends to suggest he's currently in Europe. Plus, he collaborated with Peter Gabriel a couple of years ago, Gabriel is a big fan, and I know Byrne has been on WOMAD's most-wanted list for a number of years now (it's while since he last played) ... so I'm keeping my fingers firmly crossed as i'll be there anyway. :)

With a bit of luck he might be touring again next summer.

One of the last years at Big Chill, before Kanye killed the festival...

Yeah, that was superb (can you tell I'm a fan? :P). Tho he's also done at least one Byrne & St Vincent uk festie show since then.

He's curating Meltdown in London next month, and playing there.

There's an 'Atomic Bomb: The Music of William Onyeabor' show as the headliner at WOMAD in a couple of weeks - that's part of Meltdown too, and Byrne is playing the only other announced show in Paris in September - so me and Scottie were just discussing whether he's likely to show up at WOMAD too ... and I think the chances are pretty good.

His latest blog is from a few days ago and is talking about Greece. which tends to suggest he's currently in Europe. Plus, he collaborated with Peter Gabriel a couple of years ago, Gabriel is a big fan, and I know Byrne has been on WOMAD's most-wanted list for a number of years now (it's while since he last played) ... so I'm keeping my fingers firmly crossed as i'll be there anyway. :)

With a bit of luck he might be touring again next summer.

Completely agree with everything here. He's surely due for a slot next year!

I know there's no chance of him doing a Talking Heads set, just wishful thinking really. Imagine if they reformed though, fuck me - I'd pay a lot of money to see that.