Winslow Leach

Oh so many to list....

Would love to see Doomtree get a fair crack of the whip after their fantastic performance last year early on the Sunday.

Today my list would include

The Sword

Vessels

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIXqKo2Xmas

Tei Shi

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A17rVbNTtrg

Empress Of, Vaults, Bob Moses, Wye Oak, Daniel Avery, Glass Animals (again), Zella Day, Jamie XX doing an actual live show, Monica Hedel (perfect acoustic material), but most of all, more than any of these I want to see Kiev https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0l4L1KnUlY <--- this this this, if any of you booking people read this shit, this!

• Replies 735
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

been discussed to great lengths on here, but they have dates on both the Thursday and Saturday of the festival, and aren't doing any back to back dates, so that pretty much rules them out (not that they were ever really that likely - whilst their better known songs would go down a treat, the rest would have people leaving in droves)

I disagree. As I said, if Metallica can fill a headline slot then Sabbath can do so with consummate ease. They have a greater quantity of recognisable hits that you will know even if by osmosis and their back catalogue is far broader in its scope (see Planet Caravan, Orchid, Changes for instance). There is easily enough material to fill a headline set with bangers even for a casual fan such as myself.

Music is subjective and whilst you may be right that some people may not have time for lots of the back catalogue, I and many others like me wouldn't have much time for Beyonce, Jay-Z or Kanye's back catalogue.

When all said and done, if you listen to the overdriven guitar samples in Kanye's 'All Day' and you could argue that even that tedious charlatan owes Sabbath.

Seeing them on the park stage with the sun going down would be ideal

I'll never forget them (M83 that is) playing in 2005, it was one of my  'Glasto moments'. I hadn't heard of them before and remembering walking down from the Dance Village heading towards the Pyramid on the Friday afternoon, and the hearing those haunting synths from Moonchild drifting out of the JP stage. II thought wow and had to go the the JP stage to see who it was who was playing. They were brilliant that afternoon and have loved them ever since.  A real Glastonbury find that day

Edited by dingbat2

just like every year, a million times yes. releasing a new single tomorrow (don't think there's been word of a new album though?)

I was looking through their tour dates and they haven't played the UK since 2011. Not sure if that makes it more or less likely.

Make it happen Eavii.

The Weeknd owes us a performance for cancelling a few festivals back. Maybe he has graduated from WH headliner to Other Headliner or sub? Pyramid sub?? Am I overstating his popularity? 

hard to say, but reckon he'd make a good Other sub/third on Pyramid. I'm sure he'd pull an insanely big crowd (me included in the hope that he'd still play a fair few House Of Balloons songs)

You could have posted this:

https://youtu.be/eN5I1fMie0o

EDIT: Wait, what's happened to embedding videos?

But then we'd only be left with one video of LCD being awesome on this page.

hard to say, but reckon he'd make a good Other sub/third on Pyramid. I'm sure he'd pull an insanely big crowd (me included in the hope that he'd still play a fair few House Of Balloons songs)

He closed the mainstage at Coachella this past year and has gained more and more momentum stateside. Plus, BBTM was excellent and will continue to gain steam during award season. I would expect a high billing on most lineups.