Winslow Leach

• Replies 735
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Been playing without him for years. New album is coming in September

I dunno, for me the thing that sets NO apart is Hook's bass style.  Now I know that technically it's a style that someone else can play, but it would just feel a bit...wrong.  Like GnR without Slash or Queen without Brian May.  Just my feelings on it.

Having said that, if they crop up on the bill then naturally I'll make a beeline for the stage.  But I reserve the right to harrumph about it occasionally :wink:

Weezer

Bon Iver

Streets (Reformed)

Stereophonics

Jack Penate

M83

Phoenix

Jack Penate, haven't heard of him in ages...wheres that indie landfill thread gone! He's prime for it.

Weezer and reformed Streets I'm down with.

Ticket!

A Pyramid headliner I can get behind, preferably AC/DC but any of the 2009 trio returning would be most pleasing

The usual suspects:

The Hold Steady

Jesse Malin

Counting Crows

Black Crowes

Sheryl Crow

Frank Turner

Butch Walker

Anti-flag

The Specials

Van Halen

Cracker

Soul Asylum

Golden Smog

took my own "fallow year" this year, but looking forward to a return in '16

Radiohead - surely due a Pyramid return

i won't mention the purple man...but...maybe it will happen...

Wilco - their every-two-years festival is not on next year, and they do seem to be popping up at more smaller one-day festies this summer, so...a chance?...they're close to the Radiohead lot and if that happens, you never know...

Dandy Warhols - still can't fathom how they didn't play in '14 when the BJM were there too, and Dandys were in the area. they're on record as saying this is the best festival...i wonder if there is ill will lingering from their '02 pyramid set when someone was sound-testing during one of their latter songs and Courtney let rip after they finished up. wonder if he made a scene afterwards....

Bon Iver, The National - they've teamed up to do their Wisconsin festival thing, who knows if that's an annual thing, but if J Vernan was at Glasto this year, perhaps that was a sign for sparking his interest for next year? 2009 was quite a while ago for him and he's on record as saying it was a great experience...for a band like The National who play so many festies, 2010 has been a while and it's surely a case of them just waiting for the right slot to play.

David Gilmour - playing a few gigs in April next year, Madison Square Garden included...perhaps finish up at Worthy Farm?

Simple Minds - my "vice"...a hangover from the 80's...but if cheese like Lionel Richie and Kenny Rogers is going to get billing - and praise on here! - year to year, give the 'Minds another chance on the Pyramid mid-afternoon with a few diehards pogoing to Waterfront up in the barrier area...Jim Kerr was at Glasto this year, i wonder why?

Julian Cope - is he still playing gigs??? i know he did a speaking/debate thing recently at Glasto, but it'd be nice to see him play. he was diabolical in the acoustic in 2003 i thought, but sure he could be better next time...has he played since then?

Bjork, Beck...

The Cure - go on! give them one more gig on the farm...just one more! on before Radiohead if they'll take a non-headlining spot....

oh, and bring back poor Grant Lee Phillips and don't put him up against Patti Smith/Dalai Lama

Kristin Hersh-or-Throwing Muses (saw them w/ Tanya Donnelly back playing with them last year, that would be nice!)

Joe Jackson, Lloyd Cole, Cass McCombs,

what's PJ Harvey up to these days? is there a pattern, 95, 04, 16? no, i guess not...

hard rock slot: If Motorhead can somehow get third billing on Pyramid, where would you put Van Halen, esp as David Lee Roth knows/has talked about glasto

ZZ Top - they've been in the area for a few years in a row now, surely next year?

Edited by tevaburger