Frank Turner

Michaels denim shorts

I dragged a couple of very hungover mates along with me to watch his other stage set, both of whom had not heard of him. (Ive seen him before at beautiful days)

They both loved it & think of it as a massive highlight of the weekend & have come back & downloaded all his stuff

that's what it's all about

Shame we missed the secret one in strummerville

Didn't catch the Other show but saw him at Strummerville and the talk at Left Field.

The Strummerville show is my very favourite show I've seen of his and I'm now up to 14!

Bugger. Wrestled with the tought of heading up there when I heard about it but decided it would probably be the last time I ever get to see Motorhead and would only have to wait another 18 hours to see Frank so headed to the Pyramid instead.

Set list looks great.

Bugger. Wrestled with the tought of heading up there when I heard about it but decided it would probably be the last time I ever get to see Motorhead and would only have to wait another 18 hours to see Frank so headed to the Pyramid instead.

Set list looks great.

With a couple of tweaks, it would have been the perfect setlist for me. I couldn't see either as I was stood behind a tree but the atmosphere was great!

I wouldn't have made the effort but I was already up at The Park for Wolf Alice so it was luck more than judgement!

I love frank and missed him due to hangovers and being extremely poorly organised. Hopefully he's back next year in a bigger spot, I thought he was playing far lower than he should have been

Exactly what my friends said, they thought he should be subbing pyramid or at least early evening somewhere, it seemed too early for that atmosphere

Edited by Michaels denim shorts

Set list looks great.

Same as. Had to go to Motörhead. Was gutted I couldn't do both.

Loved his set on the Other, also took some pals who hadn't seen him before and they were dead impressed. Hope he's back next year.

Didn't catch the Other show but saw him at Strummerville and the talk at Left Field.

The Strummerville show is my very favourite show I've seen of his and I'm now up to 14!

Was it really busy? I was up at Wolf Alice until 5:45, it pissed it down and got talking to someone etc and totally forgot about the text I got about it, plus that hill would of been a fucker to get up lol.

I also missed him, mainly due to being caught in a totally dispiriting snarl up in Shangri-La on Friday night, which left me feeling a bit tired & defeated on Saturday morning. I wish I'd made more of an effort now. I could hear it from my tent & just felt a bit gutted not to be there.

Was it really busy? I was up at Wolf Alice until 5:45, it pissed it down and got talking to someone etc and totally forgot about the text I got about it, plus that hill would of been a fucker to get up lol.

Yeah, it was packed. I used the bottom entrance and couldn't be bothered to walk up to the back so I couldn't quite see how packed it was at the back of the crowd but it seemed incredibly busy.

I was stood behind a tree which probably answers the question!

And yep, the hill was a killer, especially in the rain!

It was so good (other stage) that it made me like tape deck heart again and songs like I still believe and even Peggy sang the blues which I've never warmed to before, which I only listen to in the weeks following a live show. Four simple words is gloriously mental live with the way he performs it. Top gig, one of my top 5 of the weekend

Also, the sit down and jump bit was amazing for the time of day!