The dilemma for 2016...

O'Doyle Rules

I have been going to Glastonbury for six years now and could never imagine not going.

However, I now work in a small company and to my horror, two people in my three-man team have stated they would like to go next year.

I know after Glastonbury there is a surge in interest which never really materialises but I can't fathom not going.

How do I play this? Considering leaving my job to be honest!

Personally I work in a company of around 30, and if one of two others want to go i might end up in a scrap to make it happen, and would consider all possibilities....

However, what i'm going to do is get a holiday form in right now, meaning I've got there first and everyone else can scrap for it. Have these people put their holiday dates in? If not you are first...

Edited by efcfanwirral

Well that's the problem with working for a small business because I don't want to cause friction between us!

Like you guys, it means so much to me and got me through some terrible times last year.

I am sort of banking on them missing ticket day (will not mention the festival again), getting my own ticket and if there is trouble just leave. 

I haven't been to Glasto but I really want to go next year, yet I'm undecided whether I should go to Glasto and spend the summer at a bunch of festivals (ideally tickets for Glasto, volunteering at a few others), or spending the summer in the states working at one of the summer camps.

Its understood about me at work - I take that week off.  No exceptions

Will you be doing the resale notification thingy again next year siblin?

I'm already nervous about T day in October and know that sooner or later there will be a year when I miss out in the first sale!

Will you be doing the resale notification thingy again next year siblin?

I'm already nervous about T day in October and know that sooner or later there will be a year when I miss out in the first sale!

Two bites of the cherry before you have to worry about that!  but I'd imagine assuming it follows the same pattern i'll be doing the same thing.

I have been going to Glastonbury for six years now and could never imagine not going.

However, I now work in a small company and to my horror, two people in my three-man team have stated they would like to go next year.

I know after Glastonbury there is a surge in interest which never really materialises but I can't fathom not going.

Then say it now. If that doesn't get you the leave you want, you know what to do. :)

Wait until ticket day. The chances of all 3 of you getting tickets are slim based on the number of available tickets and people applying. Currently you don't have a problem as nobody is going next year yet.

If they are newbies, they probably don't have a clue how mad ticket day is.