The Sunday

st dan

How does everybody take the Sunday of the festival each year?

I'm not usually too bad and seem to still 'get on it' as they say, but it was my turn to drive this year, so didn't have a drop of alcohol or anything all day.

It took me a while to get going but it turned out all okay, and had a great day. Fantastic sets from Lionel and then Jamie T certainly helped.

Looking around, it seemed that a lot of people seemed completely done in and drained by the Sunday and the crowds were much more subdued. Understandable I suppose as many are driving, knackered and ready for home, knowing it's only round the corner.

Edited by st dan

I was driving on the Monday as well so decided not to take any substances on Sunday and stick to the booze (I can see why many people would think it should be the other way round).

It took quite a long time to get into the mood but Future Islands sorted that out.

After that I pretty much plateaued and my feet were in bits by the end of The Chemical Brothers so I didn't make it to the SE Corner and opted for Arcadia and The Park field instead.

I didn't come close to the euphoria of Friday or Saturday night but it was still a good day, lit up by Future Islands, The Chems, GOAT, Lionel and a good wee set from East India Youth

Edited by Space Shanty

i was still getting on it pretty heavy, but the booze was harder to get down my neck and the drugs weren't working as well as they should (think i took like nine pills on the last night and never got past being 'slightly buzzed'). left the SE corner at 4am as despite having popped a pill like half an hour ago, i was completely done in, and fell straight to sleep back at the tent. still gave it everything when watching the acts, mind. think i was dancing round more than i had all weekend for Lionel

Oh I was a mess pretty much all day. I went from obscenely hungover to obscenely drunk back and forth all day with pretty much no middle ground. I kept dozing on and off while stood up during The Fall. Although the highlight of the day was going to bed at around midnight for a nap until Robert Hood, insisting on an alarm being set and even leaving on my coat and shoes so I could get up easier. I never saw Robert Hood. 

I was taking it very easy on the Sunday in preparation for the early start back to Yorkshire on Monday morning.

Had a wander upto The Park to see The Fall having had only a real ale and a tinny all day.

Ended up down the front and a few songs later I had accepted a swig of jagermeister  then absinthe and then I found a litre bottle of rum and coke.

At the  end of The Fall although worse for wear , I was now well up for it and wanted to party !!!

Got in at three  am and regretted it sort of at 6.00 am when I was woken up and told to get my stuff and tent packed as we were off !

First year going back on Monday rather than after Sunday headliner so got plastered and ended up in Propaganda in the Kazbah until 3am before walking to a sad, turned off Arcadia before trudging up to WV.

Always take Sunday fairly chilled. Having to drive back Monday means someone has to have their sensible head on. I think next time we may book a hotel just outside of the festival and stay there Monday night. That way we can get on it one last time!

We were an hour late for our coach, the stewards told us that if the coach had left on time, it would have been completely empty :D

I managed to get on the 14:30 coach instead of the 15:30 one, agony hanging around the campsite on my own until that time so went for a wander looking for abandoned cans of cider & got back on drinking. Fortunately my outbound coach had a bog! Lot's of empty seats.

Ran out of cans of cider/beer by Sunday morning so had a box of wine, which was despatched quite quickly - completely and utterly Gillespie'd by the time I was watching FKA Twigs, had a cracking day all in all on the Sunday, although the overindulgence was certainly felt on the Monday morning having got to bed at about 5am and being up 3 hours later to leave.

If you saw how much energy was in that Chems crowd, you would not believe it was the Sunday night, absolutely crazy although I was absolutely done in after that!

Yep, totally agree. I was mullered, danced me heart out to Jamie T, didnt think I could dance anymore, but got persuaded by these lovely people I met and ended up staying for the Chems, and went mental, had a litre bottle of vodka and diet coke, with some added MD. It was magical.

Yep, totally agree. I was mullered, danced me heart out to Jamie T, didnt think I could dance anymore, but got persuaded by these lovely people I met and ended up staying for the Chems, and went mental, had a litre bottle of vodka and diet coke, with some added MD. It was magical.

Yeah, Jamie T into Chems was a mass singalong into an everyone bouncing around rave, what more could you ask for on a Sunday, I think I was the only one in that field not on MD to be fair, but I still throughly enjoyed it with the help of some severe alcohol consumption

I'm normally dead on Sunday, but after chems made the trek for the first time all weekend to the SE corner & got on it again at Craig Charles, then to the stone circle to watch the last sunrise, 2 hours sleep in the car on the way home, before picking my daughters up from school. Still hanging now, even after 2x 15 hour sleeps

My lift was leaving earlyish on Sunday night so I'd opted for a Monday coach as I like to get on it on the last night. Had a massive dance along to Jamie T and the Chems and then had to take my brother back to the West car parks after. Managed to find my mates in Arcadia for 2manydjs and Altern 8 and then we were too danced out for the SE corner so we had a camp fire til about 4 then bed. Not my craziest last night really!