Biggest downer at Glastonbury

sergiu

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This would explain a lot. My behaviour on 29th June 2015 on this site was nothing short of disgusting. I was argumentative to the point of racking up over 20 down votes in as many minutes, all totally out of character, since I'd not had a down vote ever (stands by for more haha).

It was all over the issue of talking during acts, for which I'm truly sorry for my comments. I was in a state of misery after a week of euphoria, a form of festival PTSD :)

The gate A queue on Monday was exciting and terrible in equal measure.

The only other time I felt a little less than happy was when the Dalai Lama came to the Stone Circle..we were still up there from the night before, sat under the tree with everyone else to get out of the rain, with the usual sound system going. It felt a little disrespectful with people coming up asking to turn it down and them just being ignored. We just got up and went to bed, so no big deal, and it seems it didn't take away from the experience that anyone had seeing him.

The gate A queue on Monday was exciting and terrible in equal measure.

The only other time I felt a little less than happy was when the Dalai Lama came to the Stone Circle..we were still up there from the night before, sat under the tree with everyone else to get out of the rain, with the usual sound system going. It felt a little disrespectful with people coming up asking to turn it down and them just being ignored. We just got up and went to bed, so no big deal, and it seems it didn't take away from the experience that anyone had seeing him.

If it helps, I was about 10 yards from the Dalai Lama, very happy to hear what he had to say, and I wasn't even aware of a sound system. I guess it just blended into the background hum of the place for me. It didn't intrude at all. The only thing that was the least bit annoying about the experience was Alan Yentob.

I've heard lots of negativity from people who are fans (or at least don't dislike his music) but it seems lots of people turned up expecting to loathe it. Seems odd considering the quality elsewhere - I saw Spiritualized and the second half of Suede, but would've loved to have seen PSB or The Moody Blues instead. Jon Hopkins was probably good too.

I went not as a fan but as someone who I think can appreciate a good performance and hoping to see greatness that night. I left and PSB were the highlight of the weekend.

Partying for 4 days in the days leading up to the festival meaning I was already on a massive comedown when I arrived at the festival. Still had good moments but I definitely wasn't on form.

2013, Walking from one group of mates camp in Pennards back to our camp and seeing loads of security and about 20 police around one of our tents. Security opened the tent after hearing a balloon and caught them as they were powdering their noses. 4 mates got taken away and got cautions but let back in to the festival.

Our coach that we hired not turning up to take us home. After several hours Lmanaged to grab a seat on a friend of a friends coach (which was also late) which dropped me off about 5 minutes from my house. The rest of our lot weren't so lucky and had to make their own way home.

Edited by Helsbels

Random nastiness. On the way in our bus driver got lost, and everyone started shouting directions at him (which he deservered), but then out of the blue someone viciously shouted "you stupid, fat, f**ing c**t!" at him, which was completely over the top and not a good start to the festival.

Was this the coach from Bath on Wednesday morning!

My shrivelly penis whilst trying to urinate at 6am with the sun coming up, I'm freezing & shivering, just want to be wrapped up in a double sleeping bag or cuddling someone & that horrible waft of hot urine steam as it hits your face whilst trying to force out a piss after gumming mandy & necking rum all night.