Great things you saw this year (excluding music)

ChewieDC

On Sunday after Future Islands we went for a wander. It was my friend's birthday (a 34 year old 6ft man). We went past a tent who were celebrating birthdays.

He got put in, got a cake, a present and played musical chairs with about 10 kids. We all then joined in musical statues with loads of kids and their parents.

He got a badge, we all got a party bag and went on our way.

A really enjoyable half hour or so.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These group of ninjas! They were really scaring the hell out of some people, especially when they were asleep!

Haha, great picture! Loved the Ninja's some guy had a mock fight with them in West Holts field, flying kicks and diving ninja's everywhere. Brilliant.

We spend our entire weekend doing non musical stuff (saw 3 bands) highlights include:

• Opening ceremony at Stone Circle - watching a group trying (and failing) to light a fire - excellent entertainment (my friend did eventually help them out!)
  • Sol cinema was good fun - bit hot though!
  • Abandoman was excellent!
  • Big Beat on the Pavement were also fantastic - great audience participation
  • Frisky and Mannish on Sensation seekers (can't get wheels on the bus out of my head!)
  • Lounge Kittens in Cabaret
  • Cassette Boy vs DJ Rubbish in the Glade

Saw a guy propose to his girlfriend on the hill above the park, had a massive banner followed by an amazing brass band appearing seemingly out of nowhere, playing 'All you need is love' by the Beatles. Was an amazing moment with a lot of tears from everyone around!

this was me. greatest moment of my life. couldn't believe how many people got involved in it. will post some vids when I get home if anyone is interested.

The Theatre and Circus field is always a great place for me. Favourites were:

Gazzo (magician) - so funny (and great magic too!).

The Spivs ("good seats for Lionel Ritchie on the Pyramid, 2 together!")

Sniffer Dogs

and of course The Tea Ladies - who were flirting with Andy Marshal - the crooner.

Anyone else see the Australian Drag Burlesque show last thing Saturday night in the circus tent?  Outrageous!!!!

Rene & Renata stylee stuff under Bella's Bridge

Just read the last three pages hoping somebody else had witnessed this!

Spotted randomly as we made our way to Shangri-La on the Sun night

renee_zpsw1uxnwfh.jpg

The Flying Mexicans up the Stone Circle on Wednesday and Dr John Cooper Clarke in the Cabaret tent. Both brilliant in totaly different ways

Plus one for Dr Clarke - excellent stuff. "I hate the BBC but I need 'em"     :-)

Just caught the end of the boy on before him and he was really good too.

Not entirely unrelated to music but on the Friday after my failed SFA appearance me and a mate went on a Friday night tour around the site excluding the south east corner and the Park itself frequenting numerous bars etc and ended up around the theatre field, saw the Power rangers on the Sensations stage that were quite amusing but very hilariously found this group consisting of about 6 middle aged ladies , a fella in a Blonde Abba wig, two guitarists and a drummer out of a foe rock band playing wedding songs a plenty with a fat Geordie woman as lead singer who was hilarious! We walked past the stage and a solitary woman shouting out at the field through her mike on what only must have been a sound check, " fuck Glastonbury,, what the fuck have they done for me", which we thought hilarious  :biggrin: , we kept running to the theatre bar and back for refills whilst they were on, I think we spent a good couple of hours in that field that night.

Edited by ghandi

Theatre field on Sunday late afternoon, hear some noise and commotion approaching. There's a giant turtle with a DJ on its back wending its way through the field whilst a crowd of dancing folk dressed as various sea creatures surrounded it. The turtle is singing to the tunes. It's also blowing bubbles. Was brilliantly random.

Oh and two of the sea creatures were actually married and renewed their vows in the circus field. Top entertainment!

Did you see them Kellly? Think there were about 5 of them, full body costumes with working beaks. Poor sod sat n a bench was trying to enjoy his lunch and they kept attacking over his shoulder and flicking falafel everywhere. Was laughing too hard to get a photo...

No i didnt but i can just picture it perfectly, i would have been in pieces if i actually witnessed this first hand. Brilliant.

Friday early evening went in to the big top for a mooch and watched Thony and Oskar aerial artistes

Totally fooking amazing and made me cry. The raw power and emotion from the backing music combined with their performance blew me away

Can't believe nobody has mentioned his holiness the dalai lama in the King's meadow on Sunday morning.

Such a fantastic way to start my last full day at Glastonbury, he was fantastic, talked so much sense, inspirational. A real moment that I will cherish forever.

That was a once in a lifetime moment. Especially in that setting. Shame it was raining

Also in the cabaret feild on Sunday there was a bloke on stage playing a guitar while singing was provided by his partner who was sat in a wheel chair and had touretts.

It was compelling, bordering on disturbing viewing

that was super turettes and captain knifehands or something, we saw them saturday, very funny singing songs about sheepdogs.