Why so many Scousers?

thered

with it being my first Glastonbury I was  amazed at how many Scousers attended? They must have had some sort of direct link to see tickets there because there is no way that with so many people wanting to attend it was a coincidence that so many of them managed to get tickets 

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We get this thread every year, and it perplexes me why. Because it's the most distinct accent?

I think it's this also, if you're not used to something you're going to pick up on it more. I saw in another thread someone saying that it was 49% kiwis and 49% above haha

I did meet quite a few but it didnt bother me in any way, they were all sound. (Also they all offered to sell drugs to me which was nice)

I met some nice Scousers in the stone circle who offered to trade some of my boxed wine for something a bit more illicit. Seemed like a good deal to me..

I did meet quite a few but it didnt bother me in any way, they were all sound. (Also they all offered to sell drugs to me which was nice)

Far more gangs of welly washing tits.  Met a couple of scouse folks floating around the place, they were just as sound as many of the other groups I met.  

are you guys using the word 'sound' because this is the scouse thread or do they say that elsewhere? if it's the latter then my mind is blown - i always thought it was a strictly scouse thing

In the queue at gate c on Wednesday morning two young ladies from Liverpool with their tents , rucksacks and their hair in rollers like they were getting ready for a big Saturday night out. Made me giggle :-)

We had a couple walk past our tent as we were setting up having just come through gate D.  It was just like being in the center of Liverpool on a Saturday afternoon.  Come Saturday morning though I wouldn't have minded borrowing their rollers!  :)

I don't really pay that much attention to accents whilst I am there - probably due to being w*nkered so much

I thought there were lots of Scousers too but I put that down to the fact I was born and raised on Merseyside so I'm attuned to the accent way more than to others so I notice it more?

See?  i think the opposite.  I am from Liverpool and despite having lived in Yorkshire for 20 plus years, I still have an accent and I always thought that was why I don't really notice it like others seem to

Being a scouser we always think is it because we are dialled into the accent we think there is more than other regions ? We have come to the conclusion its a bit of both we know the accent and a slightly larger amount of scouser's go but nothing major.

Had a laugh with everybody but I heard those scouse bastards mentioned behind us at Public Service Broadcasting. I let the words drift off into the Glastonbury evening. If me and my missus early 40's and two fellas near 60 (One born in America with a cockney accent raised in Cambridge) are scouse bastards I would hate him to meet some real scouse bastards.