T in the Park 2016

crazyguy

Seen as I can't go this year might as well start the countdown to next years event, which I will hopefully be attending (I said that after last years T though.)

Who did we reckon will be headliners?

Will we be staying at Strathcallan?

How will the camp-sites work out?

Who is a good shout for the undercards?

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Think if strathallan has no major hiccups (travel issues etc ) it will be there next year costs too much money to keep moving.

It HAS to be Muse headlining next year and possibly a return of a rapper (Jay z/Kanye West (hopefully not) or someone like lady gaga or Taylor Swift. Again hopefully not. I would love to see muse and Red hot chilli peppers headline.

Think if strathallan has no major hiccups (travel issues etc ) it will be there next year costs too much money to keep moving.

It HAS to be Muse headlining next year and possibly a return of a rapper (Jay z/Kanye West (hopefully not) or someone like lady gaga or Taylor Swift. Again hopefully not. I would love to see muse and Red hot chilli peppers headline.

Muse/Radiohead/Coldplay/Kings of Leon as potential headliners. In terms of others Green Day if they bring out another album, although they might not be main stage headliners these days - solo headliner could be Taylor Swift, Rihanna, Adele or Ed Sheeran (hopefully not any of them). Passenger moved up to the main stage, probably late afternoon would be ace.

Well Blur said they want to do it did they not? As did Deadmau5, so those two might be good shouts.

Kanye/Mumford/Foos/Muse

???
Bastille

Deadmau5

Bombay Bicycle Club

---

Calvin Harris
Florence + the Machine
Two Door Cinema Club

Haim

Foals

The 1975

---

Blur

Jake Bugg
Royal Blood

Disclosure

Chvrches

Edited by harryomatic

Could see it being something like..

Main Stage:  Florence & The Machine ----------------- Blur ------------------- Muse or Foo Fighters
                     Disclosure --------------------------- The Black Keys ------------ Paramore
                     Two Door Cinema Club -------------- Jake Bugg --------------- Royal Blood

Radio 1:        Deadmau5 ---------------------------- Tinie Tempah ------------ The Chemical Brothers
                     Nero ------------------------------------ Ellie Goulding ------------ The 1975
                     Madeon ---------------------------------- FKA Twigs -------------- Crystal Fighters

King Tuts:     Manic Street Preachers ---------------- Jack Ü ---------------- Boy Better Know
                     Gaslight Anthem ---------------------- CHVRCHES ------------ Modestep
                     Catfish & The Bottlemen --------- Porter Robinson ---------- Years & Years

Edited by TheHiddenPassenger

MAIN

FLORENCE

DISCLOSURE - SNOW PATROL (its enevitable they'll be given this slot at some point :( )

BLUR

R1

DEADMAU5

FOALS

THE CHEMICAL BROTHERS

KT

PRIMAL SCREAM

KNIFE PARTY

CHVRCHES

Rough guess at stage toppers, throw the following possibles for other places or alternatives -

Macklemore and Ryan Lewis, The Strokes, Royal Blood, Bastille, Vintage Trouble, Django Django, Jamie XX, Belle and Sebastian, Future Islands, Courtney Barnett, Super Furry Animals, Sleaford Mods, Rita Ora, Wolf Alice, John Newman, Major Lazer, 2 Many DJs, The Weeknd

Edited by Chiefski

Friday

Main: Florence + the Machine, Macklemore & Ryan Lewis

R1: Deadmau5, Kaiser Chiefs

Tuts: Primal Scream

Saturday

Main: Calvin Harris, Snow Patrol, Ellie Goulding

R1: Jake Bugg, Chvrches

Tuts: Frightened Rabbit

Sunday

Main: Blur, The 1975, Bastille

R1: Disclosure, New Order

Tuts: Knife Party

Muse/Radiohead/Coldplay/Kings of Leon as potential headliners. In terms of others Green Day if they bring out another album, although they might not be main stage headliners these days - solo headliner could be Taylor Swift, Rihanna, Adele or Ed Sheeran (hopefully not any of them). Passenger moved up to the main stage, probably late afternoon would be ace.

It'll be 20 years since Radiohead played. R is maybe too far down Geoff's phone list. He'll get as far as K and plump for Kings Of Leon or the Killers. I'd love to see Radiohead there. They've played V and L&R in recent years so who not T

Friday

Main: Florence + the Machine, Macklemore & Ryan Lewis

R1: Deadmau5, Kaiser Chiefs

Tuts: Primal Scream

Saturday

Main: Calvin Harris, Snow Patrol, Ellie Goulding

R1: Jake Bugg, Chvrches

Tuts: Frightened Rabbit

Sunday

Main: Blur, The 1975, Bastille

R1: Disclosure, New Order

Tuts: Knife Party

This seems pretty likely

Could see it being something like..

Main Stage:  Florence & The Machine ----------------- Blur ------------------- Muse or Foo Fighters

Disclosure --------------------------- The Black Keys ------------ Paramore

Two Door Cinema Club -------------- Jake Bugg --------------- Royal Blood

Radio 1:        Deadmau5 ---------------------------- Tinie Tempah ------------ The Chemical Brothers

Nero ------------------------------------ Ellie Goulding ------------ The 1975

Madeon ---------------------------------- FKA Twigs -------------- Crystal Fighters

King Tuts:     Manic Street Preachers ---------------- Jack Ü ---------------- Boy Better Know

Gaslight Anthem ---------------------- CHVRCHES ------------ Modestep

Catfish & The Bottlemen --------- Porter Robinson ---------- Years & Years

This is a mile off. No change of Nero and Madeon both playing same as Jack U and Porter Robinson. 

I would say were as good as guaranteed Chems, Deadmau5, Blur, Foals, Disclosure & Florence, but lets get 2015 enjoyed first!

This is a mile off. No change of Nero and Madeon both playing same as Jack U and Porter Robinson. 

I would say were as good as guaranteed Chems, Deadmau5, Blur, Foals, Disclosure & Florence, but lets get 2015 enjoyed first!

How is there no chance? Nero have a new album coming out.. Madeon has been on Radio 1 a lot lately after releasing his new album, has a new live show and hasn't played Scotland in a while.. Jack U are big news atm, and Porter Robinson the same as Madeon.. maybe not all at one time but at least 2 could easily play. But aye, it's all about next weekend!

The one you have them lined up playing together wouldn't happen. too specific for T. Not sure T would shell out cash for Jack U - be high cash getting them to play as would Porter I would presume. I would love all 4 to play though so here's hoping!

Hopefully get The Chemical Brothers. Watched them at Glastobury and looked class. Would like to see Eminem back aswell.

Eminem was dung and I would wager my left testicle he mimed his set, I do agree with you re the chemical brothers though.....

Sorry to piss on people's cornflakes but it'll be more generic radio1 fodder, anyone expecting imagination and innovation will be sorely disappointed.....

It's all about the Benjamin's.....

How did they let Radio 1 go to the dogs. I love 6music but Radio 1 used to be a decent standard. Think Foals will have a big part to play. Their new track is excellent and this will be their fourth album. The other three have been on the money. They are the great guitar hope. Remember hearing Cassius on George Lamb's 6 show a few years back. Been hooked since then