T in the Park 2016

crazyguy

Doesn't matter who they book,strathallan is shite sound turned down,**** all to do after 12,titp is a 2nd rate festival at best now.

Have a look at other festivals with entertainment in the camp sites and the main arenas to go along with the music,what has titp got a ******* hike to get in to see a band with zip entertainment it's actually a joke how bad they've fallen behind other festivals now.

Don't get me started on the ******* fairground.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Doesn't matter who they book,strathallan is shite sound turned down,**** all to do after 12,titp is a 2nd rate festival at best now.

Have a look at other festivals with entertainment in the camp sites and the main arenas to go along with the music,what has titp got a ******* hike to get in to see a band with zip entertainment it's actually a joke how bad they've fallen behind other festivals now.

Don't get me started on the ******* fairground.

I can't believe they got rid of the afterburner. Was the best thing to happen to the campsite.

Was it always a separate email to ask which artists you wanted?

Completed and basically said line up was alright, the organisation was pretty poor overall, and that if I were to return I would want more in terms of entertainment for my money.

Interesting that I asked if you'd like more music entertainment areas in the arena - a.k.a more stages. Transmissions back plz.

What about the question "how important is music to you at a festival?" and then the options were:

20% Music / 80% Other

30% Music / 70% Other

40% Music / 60% Other

50% Music / 50% Other

...because God forbid someone who goes to a music festival because music is more than 50% important to them!

Yea healthy t got a big thumbs up apart from its location.

I agree, the cocktail bar seemed to be in a silly location being located right in the tight spot. Not sure who thought that would work when there were area's that were empty that could use having it there.

What about the question "how important is music to you at a festival?" and then the options were:

20% Music / 80% Other

30% Music / 70% Other

40% Music / 60% Other

50% Music / 50% Other

...because God forbid someone who goes to a music festival because music is more than 50% important to them!

That one pissed me off. I imagine there are a lot of people who would have liked to choose say 70% music 30% other.

Not sure what's happened with those last two posts, why I was trying to post was...

'If that doesn't say TITP is no longer financially viable I don't know what does'

Wether that's shown on or not I don't know (It hasn't on my page) 

Edited by DGrant261

So 150k of public cash was paid to a private company.  Very strange and you wouldn't think 150k would make or break a festival.  That's only the equivalent of 750 punters.

DF are one of the last companies that deserve a hand out.

A festival spokeswoman was unable to explain why DF Concerts had applied for financial assistance from the government. She insisted next year’s event would definitely be returning to Strathallan, despite the government’s description of the site for the festival as “temporary.

The spokeswoman added: “Tickets will go on sale later in the year.”

Lol at the Scot Gov providing 'State Aid' to TITP. I get that it brings money in to the area and all but why would they need it? Why should taxpayers pay for a private event? Doesn't DF have millions? That 150k could have went to something more meaningful.

I'm more disappointed to hear that it's staying at Strathallan. If the Gov are saying it was only a temporary location why are they saying it's not?

DF Concerts got a one off £150,000 grant from the Scottish Government for this years festival. 

link

Not a one-off after all. They've had nearly £400k since 2012.

To give a bit of fair context, it's not unusual for festivals both large and small to benefit directly or indirectly from government money that is spent supporting 'the arts', and it's probably worth baring in mind that if Scotland's largest festival was a chunk smaller that Scotland's largest festival would probably never see some of the largest acts that T currently gets.

Then again Live Nation (DF's owner) is a hugely-rich mega-corporate, so you're allowed to think it's n outrage if you like. :)

Edited by eFestivals

Not sure what's happened with those last two posts, why I was trying to post was...

there was a problem with the link that you'd quoted (I'm not sure what exactly), that caused the whole post to mis-form.

I've edited the original link, and that seems to have cured the problem.

Apologies for the inconvenience.

Can someone explain the use of sniffer dogs to an ignorant foreigner? Is this a thing at all UK fests or was T in the Park especially strict? And yes, someone I know got popped and ejected. The cops said it was the organizers that requested them to eject people with weed. I really am not getting this and would love some insight. I guess it's one thing to wave stuff around but sniffer dogs seem a bit much.

Edited by bumfest

Can someone explain the use of sniffer dogs to an ignorant foreigner? Is this a thing at all UK fests or was T in the Park especially strict? And yes, someone I know got popped and ejected. The cops said it was the organizers that requested them to eject people with weed. I really am not getting this and would love some insight. I guess it's one thing to wave stuff around but sniffer dogs seem a bit much.

The sniffer dogs have been on the go at Balado for a few years now.  I'd thing the assumption is that some festival goers take drugs to the site (no shit) an dogs are there as a means to dissuade folks from taking them in.  Might be wrong but that's my guess.