T in the Park 2016

crazyguy

I'll regret buying a ticket if New Order don't play to be honest, when taking into account what else is likely to be on. T caught me at a weak point with Stone Roses playing. I wasn't gonna do a festival this year after missing out on Glastonbury tickets, and certainly never imagined myself returning to T with the way lineups have been in the last few years.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I signed up litteraly just to comment on The Courteeners. Of course they are now big enough to do sub headline to The Stone Roses. They will probably end up supporting the roses on tour as well. If any of you went to see, or attempted to see them (I never got to see them as my girlfriend was crushed and hurt trying to get in) in king tuts last year you'll know. They were too big for king tuts. Nicely in before the roses, I'm not complaining if it's 4 out of 5, they're good. Also one who'll most likely there is Miles Kane or Last Shaddow Puppets, depending on which new album comes out next year.

4 hours ago, Shanks18 said:

A group of about 30 of us went last year and I don't think there is any going next year. When it comes around a few always change there minds but will be no where near the 30+ that has been going over the past 6/7 years. That is down to the venue and the crowd that was in attendance last year.

Bit awkward, but I've missed these 'horror stories', what happened? Just a shit crowd?

2 hours ago, RM97 said:

I signed up litteraly just to comment on The Courteeners. Of course they are now big enough to do sub headline to The Stone Roses. They will probably end up supporting the roses on tour as well. If any of you went to see, or attempted to see them (I never got to see them as my girlfriend was crushed and hurt trying to get in) in king tuts last year you'll know. They were too big for king tuts. Nicely in before the roses, I'm not complaining if it's 4 out of 5, they're good. Also one who'll most likely there is Miles Kane or Last Shaddow Puppets, depending on which new album comes out next year.

I'm not a fan but size wise they would be a very weak sub. They aren't exactly selling out full arena tours are they? Don't they still do academy size gigs in most places? Would be a cheap option having them in such a slot. Bloody hell in 2011 I seen Pulp play that slot, and in 2012 Noel. Are we accepting cheaper acts in higher slots? The festival lineups have already massively deteriorated, without having Courteeners playing in an unnecessarily high spot. 3rd top on the Friday would be acceptable, with someone like Faithless to get everyone going before Roses.

1 hour ago, Alan_C said:

I'm not a fan but size wise they would be a very weak sub. They aren't exactly selling out full arena tours are they? Don't they still do academy size gigs in most places? Would be a cheap option having them in such a slot. Bloody hell in 2011 I seen Pulp play that slot, and in 2012 Noel. Are we accepting cheaper acts in higher slots? The festival lineups have already massively deteriorated, without having Courteeners playing in an unnecessarily high spot. 3rd top on the Friday would be acceptable, with someone like Faithless to get everyone going before Roses.

They are big enough to be 3rd down on main and nothing more.

I agree that Noel Gallgher been a sub compared to them is different. But this year he was headliner so a 2012 sub is a 2015 headliner? I'm just saying given the atmosphere (of what I seen) and the interest in their slot last year, they could easy sub stone roses in my opinion. Regardless of what they do gig wise, they are a good act and have always loved T. Who else is realistically gonna sub the stone roses? 

55 minutes ago, RM97 said:

I agree that Noel Gallgher been a sub compared to them is different. But this year he was headliner so a 2012 sub is a 2015 headliner? I'm just saying given the atmosphere (of what I seen) and the interest in their slot last year, they could easy sub stone roses in my opinion. Regardless of what they do gig wise, they are a good act and have always loved T. Who else is realistically gonna sub the stone roses? 

Happy Mondays or primal scream for me.

4 hours ago, RM97 said:

Jake Bugg. Faithless. Chase and Status. Foals.

The crowd last year was actually terrible and its continuing to deteriorate rapidly. Don't know how T are still trying to push the 'best crowd in the world' thing. Mostly everywhere I went even in the areas where there was just stalls and not stages its was just full of severely eckied teenagers just ruining everything for everyone around them. 

Good crowds at bands like Hot Chip etc but bookings like that were few and far between. Usually you could get a bit of good banter in the campsite but it was genuinely similar to a warzone just wrecked idiots trying to cause bother in most areas. I'm not one of these out of touch folk that don't know what T and festivals are like. I've been to T 7 times in a row now and numerous other festivals around UK + Europe and this years T crowd was definitely not the best it was probably one of the worst.

Its just all about who can get the out their dish the most and not remember the weekend. I was even standing quite far back trying to catch kasabian and had a lassie who told us she was 16 chewing her pus off totally lost from her mates so we said she could stand with us so she never wandered off then about 20 minutes later she starting giving us loads of aggro for not tapping her fags etc.

Even the way T conduct themselves on twitter etc is pretty embarrassing trying to have 'totes bants'.

I want T to get good again but drawing crowds like that with shite announcements is gonna keep drawing shiter crowds full of bampots who just want shite line-ups.

Edited by SilverLining

Agreed about the Twitter, should be sacked on the spot.

Last year the crowd was a fucking disgrace. I have never felt on the verge of unsafe at a festival but the Sunday was appaling. Gas canisters, chairs, tent pegs, tent poles, signs etc getting launched about. Constant anti- Scottish songs being sung. Lucky the teens next to us in Blue didn't go home with a sore nose, absolute roasters.

What was said on Twitter???

And one of the reasons there so many helmets go now is because GE bright idea to have EDM djs headlining,they attract the worst kind of dregs.

Daughter goes to CREAMFIELDS every year and says the same thing about some of the young arseholes that camp from from up here full of tonic itching for scrap.

Demographic my fucking hole GE has ruined TITP with his line ups and regarding the new site and him to trying to justify it says everything about how he's living on a diffrent planet.

23 hours ago, Lor1 said:

Happy Mondays or primal scream for me.

The last time the Monday's played it was very early evening on the R1 stage, and it was shite, and I like them, but they certainly won't be sub headlining ever

Il be extremely surprised if Florence isn't one of the headliners, and that confirmed date at BST the week before just nails it for me 

4 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

The last time the Monday's played it was very early evening on the R1 stage, and it was shite, and I like them, but they certainly won't be sub headlining ever

Il be extremely surprised if Florence isn't one of the headliners, and that confirmed date at BST the week before just nails it for me 

2012? I thought they were great but there was a tiny crowd for them. It is the only time I've seen them though so have nothing to compare that performance to.

Monday's were brilliant in 2012, went along cause some mates were huge fans. I ended up having a brilliant time!

faithless are always great, superb before muse in 2010, that was a great Friday, one of the best!

Edited by blue6field