crazyguy

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

35 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

I don't get why some people seem to take so much joy at running it down.

Have you not bothered to look at the videos from the weekend?

Some people remember when TITP was a great festival.

I read a quote on Saturday that said it used to be 90% music fans and 10% neds - now it's the other way about.

Kind of sums it up. All that Ellis & Co care about now is the money. 

No wonder they're only getting 30,000.

The sooner it goes the better.

33 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

It was only bigger at Glasto because its a bigger festival. They are only the size people were saying they are on here to their own crowd. 

Since when was Glastonbury LCD's crowd? 

36 minutes ago, Tijuana said:

There are almost no people either.

aye

The crowd was abysmal last year so I'm not surprised the complaints this year. Sunday night last year was unsafe with the stuff getting lobbed around and tents going on fire.

It did look quiet on facebook videos and on television. If people aren't happy with it they should really look at festivals abroad or even down south. You get far more for your money. 

I'm sure a nice grant from the  Snp government will keep it afloat.

2 hours ago, thewayiam said:

It was only bigger at Glasto because its a bigger festival. They are only the size people were saying they are on here to their own crowd. 

LCD have been over-promoted a bit this year, no doubt. But Glastonbury sold, what, 5 times the tickets TITP did? While not a huge crowd for an Other headliner there were way more people watching them at Glastonbury than 5 times that TITP crowd.

1 hour ago, Shanks18 said:

The crowd was abysmal last year so I'm not surprised the complaints this year. Sunday night last year was unsafe with the stuff getting lobbed around and tents going on fire.

It did look quiet on facebook videos and on television. If people aren't happy with it they should really look at festivals abroad or even down south. You get far more for your money. 

I'm sure a nice grant from the  Snp government will keep it afloat.

Lots of people were saying they didnt burn there tents because they were too wet this year. absolute twats the lot of them. 

2 minutes ago, Alan_C said:

I posted about it on Friday mate. Don't know why the media took until today to report it.

Was actually told there had been 2 rapes and that one of them was a girl working for the St John's Ambulance people who had been attacked.

Fcuking shocking the whole lot of it.

3 hours ago, eFestivals said:

some people say it's full of neds and crap bands, while others post pictures of no crowds at decent bands.

Something isn't hanging together. :P

Don't really see the disconnect here.

People go to festivals as a package. Very few festivals where I would go to see just one band (though I have in the past for Radio head). The package, music wise, it isn't something that attracts me anymore. Would have definitely gone to see LCD if I was there though. But then i'm 35. 

Still a crowd (8 or 9) of us that go to at least one festival each year, normally in Europe. Cheaper, and more varied line ups. Happy to leave T to the kids these days. Probably not enough people my age to make it work anyway. For example, I know how much it was going to cost to book the Smashing Pumpkins and Portishead a few years back, as opposed to say a David Guetta or an Avicci last year.

Makes economic sense if your targets are the 18-24 year old market and you arn't selling out.

5 hours ago, eFestivals said:

OK, it might not be perfect, but if a large-scale festival can't sustain itself in Scotland plenty of these acts won't be coming to Scotland at all, and all of Scotland will be the poorer for it. I doubt there'd be a replacement. :(

Neil,  I don't think anyone is taking any joy in the festival struggling.  Along with others I've been a pretty regular attendee and had some fantastic weekends.  Problem with T is Ellis doesn't listen and lived in a bubble that he could fill the line up with any shite and it would sell no matter what.  Having Calvin every year is a total disgrace.

T made some monumental errors with their bookings and regulars have drifted elsewhere. It's not as if there's not plenty other better value festivals dotted across Europe.

T has allowed itself to gain the reputation as the place to go for 16/17 year olds.  When the official twitter feed started speaking like a jakey, I thought then they'd lost the plot.

I would love to see T getting back to selling out but they need to shake their current image.

I also don't agree that without T a lot of bands wouldn't be seen in Scotland.  Can't think of any bands over the years who have only ever played at T.  Ones who went on to be big/massive, can always play arenas or stadiums.

1 hour ago, MEGABOWL said:

LCD have been over-promoted a bit this year, no doubt. But Glastonbury sold, what, 5 times the tickets TITP did? While not a huge crowd for an Other headliner there were way more people watching them at Glastonbury than 5 times that TITP crowd.

Which is basically what I said isn't it? The crowd for them was bigger at Glasto sold way more tickets meaning there is going to be a bigger crowd.

1 hour ago, Red Day said:

Neil,  I don't think anyone is taking any joy in the festival struggling.  Along with others I've been a pretty regular attendee and had some fantastic weekends.  Problem with T is Ellis doesn't listen and lived in a bubble that he could fill the line up with any shite and it would sell no matter what.  Having Calvin every year is a total disgrace.

T made some monumental errors with their bookings and regulars have drifted elsewhere. It's not as if there's not plenty other better value festivals dotted across Europe.

T has allowed itself to gain the reputation as the place to go for 16/17 year olds.  When the official twitter feed started speaking like a jakey, I thought then they'd lost the plot.

I would love to see T getting back to selling out but they need to shake their current image.

I also don't agree that without T a lot of bands wouldn't be seen in Scotland.  Can't think of any bands over the years who have only ever played at T.  Ones who went on to be big/massive, can always play arenas or stadiums.

Totally agree with all of the above! T is at crisis point, I think. The Twitter feed was beyond cringe.  Personally, we (that's me and my 16 yr old daughter), found that the arena layout was good. Really no criticism there at all, especially compared to last year. We were in Citizen T camping, perfect, especially next to Refresh. It's our 3rd year in a row, but even the daughter said that it's going to take some damn good bookings to get us back next year. Personal mum/daughter wishes are.....Fall Out Boy, Paramore, Foals, KoL.  Feel free to disagree!

5 hours ago, eFestivals said:

some people say it's full of neds and crap bands, while others post pictures of no crowds at decent bands.

Something isn't hanging together.

When you put on EDM and pop in the majority of slots and randomly throw in a decent band without anything else to interest their fans over the weekend then this is what you'll get. I'll even go as far as to say there are a minority of music fans at T nowadays. It's a drug party in the campsite that a lot go for and T have encouraged this.  If I wasn't so sad about it all I'd have a gloat but I'm just fucking angry at what our great festival has become.

8 hours ago, devilman said:

LOLOLOLOL! You've slagged it off more than anyone over the years :)

Erm... what didn't you understand when you kept on saying it was shit and I kept on trying to get you to have some bleedin' perspective...? :lol:

When you put on EDM and pop in the majority of slots and randomly throw in a decent band without anything else to interest their fans over the weekend then this is what you'll get.

Currently you get a smattering of what you're prepared to call "decent bands".

Putting aside the fact that you are not the world's arbiter of taste, I'll just point out you can either have that smattering of "decent bands" or you can have fewer/none of those decent bands - because that's how this choice pans out.

I'll even go as far as to say there are a minority of music fans at T nowadays. It's a drug party in the campsite that a lot go for and T have encouraged this.  If I wasn't so sad about it all I'd have a gloat but I'm just fucking angry at what our great festival has become.

WFT? :lol:

Edited by eFestivals

16 hours ago, eFestivals said:

OK, it might not be perfect, but if a large-scale festival can't sustain itself in Scotland plenty of these acts won't be coming to Scotland at all, and all of Scotland will be the poorer for it. I doubt there'd be a replacement. :(

The days of big acts not coming to Scotland is in the past with the addition of the Hydro

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

Currently you get a smattering of what you're prepared to call "decent bands".

Putting aside the fact that you are not the world's arbiter of taste, I'll just point out you can either have that smattering of "decent bands" or you can have fewer/none of those decent bands - because that's how this choice pans out.

There is less than a "smattering" at T nowadays. not a single one that I personally would travel and pay to see at their own show. 

I don't get your other point. Are you saying that no bands will come to Scotland if T dies? Bollox to that. DF have strangled the music scene in Scotland. It will be better without them.