T in the Park 2016

crazyguy

On ‎22‎/‎06‎/‎2016 at 1:40 AM, Lucia1234 said:

I am 17 but I am wondering how to sneak alcohol in to TITP as I am underage?

Hide it in all different places, in your wash bag etc,. if you've got a camping chair you can stuff cans etc down its bag. if its spread out they might not find all of it.

if there's a group and your all underage of you split the alcohol between you all. That way even if one of you gets it confiscated someone else will still have some to share.

Capri suns with the screw tops are good, you can refill them with vodka (or whatever your poison is) and stuff them down your shorts etc.

Another word of advice, last year they were taking all glass off you, not just bottles. I has a full bottle of perfume confiscated (gutted) and friends had their mirrors taken off them.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Pretty standard festival prices. Expensive, but just about manageable if you need something. Always going to be cheaper to bring as much as you can yourself.

You're usually fine so long as it's not in glass bottles and not right at the top of your bag. Stewards don't have time to check the ID of every single person that walks through the gate, they are more concerned that you aren't taking anything dangerous on to the site. Obviously if you look about 12 they're going to be suspicious. Just be sensible I guess.

Going to my first T in the Park since 2010 and have a question. 

We'll be leaving after the final acts on the sunday night. Is there anywhere in the campsite like a left luggage stall where I can ditch my bags while we go through to the arena? (I can't find any info on this on the TITP site). Cheers

14 hours ago, Lor1 said:

Regarding the supermarket 

Does it sell alcohol??

And if it does is there more of a selection than tenents and magners?

Link on the website shows you what they stock mate

http://www.tinthepark.com/info?c=6

Edit: Click on general camping info > festival supermarket 

Edited by PatsInThePark

13 hours ago, Acquiesce. said:

Going to my first T in the Park since 2010 and have a question. 

We'll be leaving after the final acts on the sunday night. Is there anywhere in the campsite like a left luggage stall where I can ditch my bags while we go through to the arena? (I can't find any info on this on the TITP site). Cheers

In my past experiences I've never saw something like this. My mates have either had to load up their cars in the morning or have had to carry their stuff around the arena. 

There is locker facilities, but the lockers are tiny and really only for storing mobile phones, cameras, wallets etc.

17 hours ago, Globalist said:

Don't suppose anyone knows what time the bands start on the Friday? Used to be a bit later than the other days but from the official website, the actual arena seems to open at the same time each day.

Usually an hour after the arena opens, so I would say 1pm at the earliest.

23 hours ago, Globalist said:

Don't suppose anyone knows what time the bands start on the Friday? Used to be a bit later than the other days but from the official website, the actual arena seems to open at the same time each day.

It started 1.30pm on the main stage last year. There are less bands on the stages this year though so it might be a bit later.

3 minutes ago, ConnorSMFC said:

Anyone know if it would be okay to laminate my BeChilled collection receipt ? As in the actual bit that I'd print off myself, don't particularly fancy having a bit of sodden paper kicking about 

Better off firing it in a poly pocket in case they need to stamp it or whatever

4 hours ago, ChristsChin said:

Is there a supermarket nearby the festival site? Travelling from Bristol and can't really be arsed to lug up a few crates of booze from the West Country.

Aucterarder mate,£10 one way  in a taxi or they run shuttle buses  don't know if there free.

Can't  walk though

Better using "be chilled"costs a bit not but at least your getting freezing cold slabs of tenents or magners

14 hours ago, comfortablynumb1910 said:

Anyone advise on what car park to use for day ticket entry? 

Cheers 

Not sure off the top of my head, but I'm sure you'll be directed on the day. Maybe check the transport improvement video on the MakingT part of the website 

1 hour ago, harryomatic said:

Not sure off the top of my head, but I'm sure you'll be directed on the day. Maybe check the transport improvement video on the MakingT part of the website 

Cheers Harry. Had a look at the map but it`s not clear....to me.

I`ll try the vid. First time at the new site and getting a touch of the fear after last year`s chaos on the roads.

11 minutes ago, comfortablynumb1910 said:

Cheers Harry. Had a look at the map but it`s not clear....to me.

I`ll try the vid. First time at the new site and getting a touch of the fear after last year`s chaos on the roads.

Yeah I would have thought the map would have made it clear too. 

Hey folks,

I am currently writing a dissertation for my degree in marketing. The paper is about people’s reactions to music festivals using social media as a marketing tool. Part of the research involves conducting several focus groups. Would anyone on here be interested in taking part in one of my focus groups on either the 13th, 16th or 19th of July? They will take place in Edinburgh, and I am happy to reimburse you for travel expenses for taking part. And of course all the research will be done anonymously, your name will not be printed in the paper.

If you’re interested in helping me out, drop me a direct message and I will inform you of the exact location and time of the focus group in due course.

Other than that, enjoy your T, see you there!

Harryomatic