T in the Park 2016

crazyguy

Why are the organisers not telling the punters its a 45 minute walk from the Pick Up /Drop Off Point to the main area, much longer if you're walking to the campsite?  That's a long way when you have all your shit to carry.  So much for communication, they pick and choose what they tell you. 

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

12 hours ago, Wilko888 said:

Hi does anyone know how far it is from the campervan field to the main arena?

Was about a 50 min walk last year apparently. Not that i was there. Even at Balado it was further than any of the campsites.

On ‎21‎/‎04‎/‎2016 at 8:10 PM, mattrik3 said:

Not true. It's easy to get into the campsite at the end of the day without a wristband. 

Although no one can say what this year will be like

In my opinion it's all about luck, after any headliner everyone goes back to the campsite so it's packed, no way the security check for every single wristband so it's down to luck, my only advice would be to put on a wristband, doesn't need to be a t one but one that security could mistake for a t band in the dark after the headliner. During the day I'm afraid the chances are extremely low on getting in without a legit one.

2 hours ago, harryomatic said:

Yep but not if you've already bought your ticket, like me. If you've bought your ticket you can get a free refresh band. Which doesn't interest me at all.

Agreed though, must mean ticket sales are slow

Hi, where do you get the free Refresh band from? Can't see that on the website. Bought my tickets on the first day they were on sale (like a mug :))

51 minutes ago, harryomatic said:

I got a email saying they'll send a link closer to the festival 

Ah OK.

I didn't get an email, but I went through Ticketmaster for the tickets and only bought Friday camping with no travel, as I am driving.

Wonder if that only applies to those who bought coach tix as well to compensate for the now free coach travel?

Edited by Copperface
spl

19 hours ago, Stuart1000 said:

T are offering free bus travel from anywhere in Scotland with camping tickets bought in the next week. They must be really struggling if they put this deal out.

I'd say you're correct. T organisers have used their punters as cash cows over the years and never given anything for free. I'd guess sales are really poor

On 30 April 2016 at 8:25 AM, Copperface said:

Ah OK.

I didn't get an email, but I went through Ticketmaster for the tickets and only bought Friday camping with no travel, as I am driving.

Wonder if that only applies to those who bought coach tix as well to compensate for the now free coach travel?

Yeah I think it's just for folk that have already bought a ticket with coach travel already sadly

On 4/30/2016 at 8:37 AM, Red Day said:

I'd say you're correct. T organisers have used their punters as cash cows over the years and never given anything for free. I'd guess sales are really poor

Hand may have been forced and might be part of the license conditions they encourage more to come via bus?

Bit like Glastonbury has to offer a certain number of ticket and coach packages every year

Aye but these ones are being offered free for a week. T give absolutely zero away free and the local council can't force them to provide free buses from anywhere in Scotland. I'd put money on ticket sales being a comcern. Day tickets for the stone roses day (15,000 max and now possibly less) aren't sold out, which tells its own story 

6 hours ago, DomDom1984 said:

Last year was pretty catastrophic by the looks of it. 

It was enough to put people that have been going to titp from the 1st year at balado off for life no matter what the line up is.

Shame because I like the noise this new guy is coming out with.